Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NANASHI89, Jul 2, 2012.
What can be transferred and what can't, if so?
Thx in advance!
the only things you'll transfer are saves, and thats about it, unless both are softmodded
Mine is already busted, I made a backup using BootMii
I'm planning on softmodding a new one. How much can I transfer from one softmodded Wii to another?.
Pretty much depends on what SD card you use. The bigger the size the more files you can transfer.
That's a pretty weird answer. The wii's nand is somewhat around 500MB, so pretty much any SD card with enough free space on it will be able to contain a nand dump of everything on the wii.
@[member='NANASHI89']: Here's an idea to consider: make a nand dump of your first wii and set up your second wii for nand emulation with neek2o. That way, you simply have everything on there (savegames, miis, channels, VC, wiiware...you could probably even use your shopping account on that new wii).
There is a catch, though: emulated nands don't use cIOS'es*. While games work fine that way, homebrew doesn't always work.
*the traditional ones, in any case.
Everything or saves or nothing will be transferred. Using the program here, you can transfer everything, with the keys.bin of one Wii and the nand.bin of another. Here's how.
1. Transfer the first Wii's keys.bin and the 2nd Wii's keys.bin to your PC
2. Launch the exe
3. Extract the files to a folder on your desktop
4. Run the app
5. Launch the first dialogue box
6. Navigate to the 1st Wii's keys.bin file
7. On the next dialogue box, navigate to the second Wii's keys.bin
8. Copy the first Wii's nand.bin to /appfolder/betwiin/input
9. Click on convert and answer the prompts.
10. When finished, take the nand.bin from /appfolder/betwiin/input, and move it to your SD card.
11. Take your SD card and put it in the 2nd Wii.
12. Restore that nand.bin with BootMii.
Savegames will work, but purchased WiiWare won't work, nor can you redownload them. You must create a new Shop Channel account and start from scratch on the new Wii.
Note that the version of boot1 on both Wii's must be the same.
How can I use restoremii without a Gamecube Controller?