Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Source: http://www.thenewame...al-above-us-law

The Trans-Pacific Partnership, abbreviated TPP, has been increasingly in the spotlight of Internet activists. SOPA, PIPA and ACTA in the first quarter of 2012 have raised serious concerns about secretive trade agreements which use improved trade policy as a Trojan horse to push for resrtictive international copyright legislation. The agreement remained under radar after initial leaks indicated intellectual property provisions that would be wide and vague enough to be abused to restrict Internet freedom and apply disproportionate punishments for unauthorized downloads in the name of stopping piracy. After ACTA sufferred a serious blow, with 4 of the 5 European Committees rejecting it earlier this month, TPP info trickled that the treaty is developing language that may follow in the footsteps of ACTA. There is mounting public concern about the Intellectual Property provisions of the treaty. Sadly, such information remains tightly guarded despite people like sen. Wyden repeatedly attempting to force the envelope open.

Today, more worrying news leaked about the TPP. In a similar fashion to the proposed ACTA Committee, the TPP sets up a parallel system of justice independent of national laws. ACTA followed this pattern also and if the protests and beating it has taken from the public are any indication of the people's stance on such agreements, then people have all the reasons to fear the TPP as well. A parallel system of justice allows a complete bypass of countries' own legislation and Constitution, forcing all signatory parties to abide by whatever it decides. Taken separately from copyright, these provisions are one of several problems of the TPP directly impacting citizens. Others include concerns raised in Australia about the availability of medicine, where again provisions seem to benefit only Big Pharma.

To my knowledge, there is no information on the Intellectual Property enforcements in this leak, which by the way were established largely by the Big Media. But such an unconstitutional extension of power can only benefit them and whatever provisions they have in store... TPP is very much alive and expected to be concluded near the end of 2012.

Disturbed? Disseminate.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Business already has about 85% of american law makers in their pockets...Now that bastard wants to enable the whole world under business control? Fuck You Obama!

World War 3: The war of people verse business, coming soon to a earth near you soon!

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Business already has about 85% of american law makers in their pockets...Now that bastard wants to enable the whole world under business control? Fuck You Obama!

World War 3: The war of people verse business, coming soon to a earth near you soon!

Holy shit?!?! Are you telling me that the international community wants to be able to combat piracy over a world-wide, unfiltered network (the internet) without being held back by extradition policies or semantics between various constitutions? That's preposterous! If pirates can't stash their shit on overseas servers...how will they be able to pirate? Fuck Obama!

Reactions: 1 person

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Obama is trash, but I'm still going to vote for him and so should you.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well this thread is off to a good start already.

Reactions: 2 people

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All presidents have done questionable things in one time or another. Doesn't mean they are a bad person or bad leader. That being said, I'll have to look heavily into what he wants done with this international game changer. It has me questioning if i should of voted for him last time....Really I wanted Hilary has our President, reading up on Mr. Clinton shows she really did a lot when he was. The two acted as co-presidents at times. He handed a lot of responsibilities over to her at times. Really shows when u vote for a president, your voting for his family too.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All presidents have done questionable things in one time or another. Doesn't mean they are a bad person or bad leader. That being said, I'll have to look heavily into what he wants done with this international game changer. It has me questioning if i should of voted for him last time....Really I wanted Hilary has our President, reading up on Mr. Clinton shows she really did a lot when he was. The two acted as co-presidents at times. He handed a lot of responsibilities over to her at times. Really shows when u vote for a president, your voting for his family too.

"reading up"? right...
Disagreeing with a person's politics is one thing.
but shouting "Fuck Obama!" screams "I have a childish view of politics and will easily get drawn into whatever nonsensical talking points my parents/friends/other-politicians/complete-strangers toss my way"...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"reading up"? right...
Disagreeing with a person's politics is one thing.
but shouting "Fuck Obama!" screams "I have a childish view of politics and will easily get drawn into whatever nonsensical talking points my parents/friends/other-politicians/complete-strangers toss my way"...

Actually no! Telling someone to fuck off has nothing to do with parents or family views. Since you brought up that point it must be how you view things.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no! Telling someone to fuck off has nothing to do with parents or family views. Since you brought up that point it must be how you view things.

i no u r...but wut em i?

though it's funny that I mentioned 4 things in my post and you singled only one of them out

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So now "entertainment" has become the primal power... Over politics, journalism, and internet.

All for our sake, of course.

Now we'll have to see. When our current generation, the one who has been robbed and raped by the big companies of entertainment, will take over those companies, if hey will be corrupted too by the sheer power these companies have and give away the fight they had when young.

John Lennon believed that music could change the world. If only he could see what kind of change it was going to be.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now "entertainment" has become the primal power... Over politics, journalism, and internet.

All for our sake, of course.

Now we'll have to see. When our current generation, the one who has been robbed and raped by the big companies of entertainment, will take over those companies, if hey will be corrupted too by the sheer power these companies have and give away the fight they had when young.

John Lennon believed that music could change the world. If only he could see what kind of change it was going to be.

Replace the word "entertainment" with Blaster...
Replace the word "companies" with Giant Robot...

...and I think you have the plot to the next Transformers movie.
Even makes sense with the Lennon reference

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: