WildToushi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As anyone might now know, I'm now a Let's Play-er. Recently, I've been working on Let's Play Legend of Mana, as the few tempers who've subbed me on YT know, and I'm now adding another project on top of it. Let's Play Parasite Eve EX. If any of you have been around in the PS1 era, you might recognize this game.

Well, the first vid is KILLING me. Day 1, the easiest and shortest of them all, took me, and I am not joking, 48 minutes to complete. 48 minutes recorded. And I've had to do the voiceovers ala Audacity six times now. That's nearly six hours of recording. Well, the sixth time finally recorded perfectly, and now, the vid is writing. Next, I have to break up the video into ten minute increments for upload on YT, edit sound and improve audio and video quality...

Lots of work is going into this LP. At some point, I hope to put a link up here for those that wish to watch the chaos (Self promotion, yes, sorry.) as thousands of monsters die to my handgun from hell.

Yes, handgun.

For those curious, the LP has three rules.

1) Only allowed weapons are handguns and clubs. I AM allowed to use the handgun that I used in normal mode.
2) I MUST beat the Chrysler Building.
3) I MUST achieve maximum level prior to beating the final boss of the Chrysler Building. I'll likely do an "epic grinding segment" for it to the song "Phantom Liberation" (Yes, a Touhou song, apparently. It's catchy and fits action oriented scenes perfectly.)

When the vids are ready, I'll link the playlist for those that want to watch the carnage.

Oh, and if you like it, do me a favor and vote for the LP I should do after I complete my current ones? Seiken Densetsu 3 is just a placeholder for now. Choices are in my channel description.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
You should probably slow the fuck down when it comes to uploading videos, most people (excluding regular utoobers) would probably be put off at watching that many videos (especially if you're planning on posting 6 a day)

Oh, and don't bother recording the grinding if all you're going to do is put music over it. If you're going to record grinding, at least speed it up and say something interesting over it, trivia, fun facts about the game, obscure information, etc.

Oh, and cut it into 20 minute parts, run it through mediacoder and place it in an FLV container, upload to Viddler/Blip.tv, post it at a proper LP forum (One with standards, preferably).

Edit: Oh, and take it to blogs next time.

WildToushi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
You should probably slow the fuck down when it comes to uploading videos, most people (excluding regular utoobers) would probably be put off at watching that many videos (especially if you're planning on posting 6 a day)

Oh, and don't bother recording the grinding if all you're going to do is put music over it. If you're going to record grinding, at least speed it up and say something interesting over it, trivia, fun facts about the game, obscure information, etc.

Oh, and cut it into 20 minute parts, run it through mediacoder and place it in an FLV container, upload to Viddler/Blip.tv, post it at a proper LP forum (One with standards, preferably).

When I said I'm posting full days, I mean it. All five parts are just one day of the game, and I wasn't going to use save points. And I can't use things like save states since I'm not using an emulator but a physical copy run through Dazzle, a USB video capture device. And if I only did one part per day... Consider this.

My current projects are expected to hit the following number of videos...

Legend of Mana - 200 vids.
Parasite Eve EX - 50-60 vids

I don't want to be working on these projects for a year by limiting myself to one video per day. These are VERY long games, sir, and most people don't LP them because they don't want to put the time in.

Nextly, I don't know any 'proper LP forums'. I don't do my LPs to impress. I do them because they're fun games.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
WildToushi said:
Law said:

When I said I'm posting full days, I mean it. All five parts are just one day of the game, and I wasn't going to use save points. And I can't use things like save states since I'm not using an emulator but a physical copy run through Dazzle, a USB video capture device. And if I only did one part per day... Consider this.

My current projects are expected to hit the following number of videos...

Legend of Mana - 200 vids.
Parasite Eve EX - 50-60 vids

I don't want to be working on these projects for a year by limiting myself to one video per day. These are VERY long games, sir, and most people don't LP them because they don't want to put the time in.

Nextly, I don't know any 'proper LP forums'. I don't do my LPs to impress. I do them because they're fun games.

60 videos, 60 days, two months, that doesn't sound like a long time for an LP (I don't know what the youtube standard time is, although most of them seem to pump out close to 20 videos per day so whatever); not to mention most LPers record a batch of videos at once and just space out the updates (and not to mention that splitting them into 20 - 30 minute parts and taking them to blip.tv/viddler will reduce the amount of videos).

As for not making your LPs to impress (which makes me happy, believe me, too many people seem to do it for INTERNET SUPERSTARDOM), that's not the point of LP forums. The whole thing about lping is to show off the game, which you won't really be able to do if nobody is watching. Posting at an LP forum will take it to the people interested in seeing your take on the game, not to mention most of them will probably give some helpful feedback.

edit: Example:

There seems to be a bit of mic noise, some white noise and an annoying sound that happens every now and again, have you tried using remove noise in audacity? Try recording some audio for about five seconds before talking to use as the sample, then just use the remove noise feature at one of the lower settings.

Edit 2: As for grinding to 99, why? Does this somehow make the game harder by being a higher level? If not, it seems pretty tedious and as if it would make the last boss a cakewalk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.