Homebrew TouhouDS v0.9 on acekard 2i help

Drew8898

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to run touhou 0.9 on acekard 2i, but I keep getting an error screen when trying to start up.

The error screen says libfat failure. Says I need to make sure to properly apply a DLDI patch, but to my knowledge acekard 2i should do that automatically.

I properly put the touhouDS folder in the rood directory, but I still get the error.

I'm running AKAIO 1.6 RC2 if that makes a difference.

Any help would be great.

Drew8898

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a similar error when trying to use DS Organize now. Says I need to properly DLDI patch it. Double checked to see if acekard 2i auto patched, and it should.

Perhaps the problem is with AKAIO.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well did you try checking if the nds file is patched (its great checking that the acekard should autopatch, but its best to check the actual nds file to make sure that it is patched).
Another idea is to try a couple of homebrew loaders like DSKiosk, DSChannels, Homebrew Menu, Flashcart OS, etc.

Drew8898

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Well did you try checking if the nds file is patched (its great checking that the acekard should autopatch, but its best to check the actual nds file to make sure that it is patched).
Another idea is to try a couple of homebrew loaders like DSKiosk, DSChannels, Homebrew Menu, Flashcart OS, etc.

How do I manually check to see if the nds file is patched?

Drew8898

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the problem. The DLDI file that came with the AKAIO software is for Acekard+. After downloading the official Acekard2i software and using the DLDI file that came with it and a manual patcher, Touhou 0.9 works fine on AKAIO 1.6 RC2.

Thank you for the assistance. I probably would have given up if you hadn't put me on the right track of trying to patch it manually.

I suppose the moral of this incident is to never rely on something to do things manually even if they say they should, and that official software is [occasionally] more reliable than third party software.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, glad to be of help. Most people just place too much trust in their auto-dldi patcher. I guess I'm just a wary person because I've always had to manually dldi patch the homebrew I download (woot for the no auto-dldi patching R4...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte