touchscreen is rainbow-ish

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by g.crow, Aug 7, 2006.

Aug 7, 2006

touchscreen is rainbow-ish by g.crow at 7:12 PM (1,258 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. g.crow
    OP

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    ive got 2 european white ds lite.
    you know the side effect when using cheap screen protectors, that rainbow effect, those little all-colored-dots. or when your monitor gets wet.
    both my touchscreens features this effect, WITHOUT using a screen protector.
    this bothers me much, ive checked other white european lites, they are all the same.
    its the touchscreen itself, nothing you can clean off.
    other noticed this effect too?

again, sorry for my bad english,
    mars

2. Necromancer

Newcomer Necromancer Newbie

Italy
    I've got this "effect" on my ds lite touch screen too.
    With my phat ( [​IMG] ) ds i hadn't problems (although my friend's phat ds has this problem too) but now this thing bothers me all the time when i play with my ds :/
    Is there anything we can do for this? Maybe cleaning up the screen with some special cleaner?

Sry for my bad english. ^^

3. g.crow
    OP

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    i think there is nothing we can do, the screen itself IS clean, it came out of the box with this great "special feature" [​IMG]
    its the built-in screen protector (the thin foil that is over the screen) itself.
    when you turn your ds of and watch the screen-covering-thing you can see its not clear, it looks like its made of million of small dots.
    hard to explain, even harder with my limited english knowledge [​IMG]

mars

4. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    all colored dots? you mean pixels? If one of them is stuck on a color or flickering between randomly that is a problem and you should call your importer/nintendo of europe, but i think your issue is just the way the screen is designed.

Some DS phat also have the same type of screen, its a thicker "mesh" i'd call it, like the screen over your door that keeps bugs out. So I think you are out of luck, its just the way the european model was made [​IMG]

Your english is fine, good work ^^

If its not actually the screen cover and is a problem with the screen itself, try pushing the part that has problems, hard enough to slightly scramble the screen (when the screen starts to blacken a bit). THis shouldn't really damage it (watch the stress test) and can fix some broken/dead pixel issues.

5. kelvinate

Member kelvinate GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I can think of two possible problem with it. Is the DSL switch on when you have those rainbow dots? If it is then it could be due to stuck pixels on the screen, there are various solution for this. one is to massage the screen hopfully getting rid of the problem. You could try to cycle through colours on the screen as well. there are various methods to that in the forum.

If the DSL is off then it could be due to stress on the touch screen which cause polorisation. in that case if might be worthwhile to return to nintendo stating it has a defect.