touch screen help

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by CwTCwT, Apr 29, 2007.

Apr 29, 2007

touch screen help by CwTCwT at 4:32 AM (691 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. CwTCwT
    OP

Newcomer CwTCwT Member

United States
    So i was playing animal crossing, just planting some flowers, then all of a sudden my character stars running to the top left. It was all i could do to save the game ( if you own it you know you MUST save) now i go to try other games and my touch screen seems to be stuck or something, recalibration didn't work the screen protectors have never caused an issue, and there are no crumbs or debris can see n between my screen and housing. Do i really have a defective Ds after only owning it like 6 months, I still keep it in the original sleeve it came it!

[​IMG]

~ CwT

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    sounds like your touch screen is messed up, either send it in to nintendo or get a replacement.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Something like this happened to my friend's DS (fat one). He ended up replacing the touch screen - but the problem was (he told me) something seemed to be stuck at the top left side.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It sounds like something got stuck under the casing around the edge of the touchscreen and is constantly inputting a signal that the touchscreen is being pressed in that area. Before buying a new DS or sending it in to get fixed, try using a toothbrush around the edges of the touchscreen to attempt to clear the debris. Then run the touchscreen calibration.

See if that helps before doing anything else.

5. Godot0102

Newcomer Godot0102 Advanced Member

United States
    I will recommend trying a can of computer dust cleaner (a can of compressed air) before trying the toothbrush method the bristles can scratch the screen easily. Or consider a soft bristle brush if air cleaning doesnt work.