Homebrew Totally new to homebrew, can someone tell me.....

aldent8807

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
aldent8807 said:
Ummm....just saw this....

•WiFi
?PROS
?Only needs a Slot-1 card.
?CONS
?Needs WiFi set up to let the DS connect, which isn't always possible.
?Needs you to run a server program on your computer, which might mean you need to dig around in your firewall settings.
?Slow transfer speeds (hours for the larger games).
?Will not work on a DSi/XL.
?Does not work with any DSi games.
-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a DSiXL.....What am I supposed to do??? This pretty much puts me between a rock and a hard place on carrying my collection all with me.....What am I supposed to do about this??? I'll be using a Supercard 2, if it makes any difference(plan on ordering it tonight online, so it'll be awhile before it comes in the mail)That sounds like the NDS Backup Tool WiFi, use the FTPd version (the DS becomes the server, so you don't have to set it up)

QUOTE(aldent8807 @ Mar 20 2011, 09:40 PM) EDIT: Looked into the iEvolution, might be getting one of those instead of a Supercard 2. Will anything change in terms of what I can or cannot install or dump or DL???

Thanks in advance!!!
iEvolution runs in DSi mode
SuperCard DSTwo has onboard CPUs which are used for GBA and (better) SNES emulation as well as some other utilities.

Beyond that they should be about the same.

Sorry, don't know how to quote people properly yet guys. Anyway, what is the FTPd version, what does FTP mean, and where can I find this FTPd version???

Sorry for being such a pain.....I think I'm going to bed for now and I'll check back tomorrow after I get out of COSC 1400 and drive my fiance to her grandma's house.

Thanks in advance for putting up with me!!!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aldent8807 said:
Sorry, don't know how to quote people properly yet guys. Anyway, what is the FTPd versionThe FTPd version uses a tiny opensource FTPd server on your DS.
One of the problems with the WiFi version (don't let the name confuse you, both FTPd and WiFi versions use WiFi) is that you had to set up and configure a server... and even if you got it up, the WiFi version was picky about what it connected to.

aldent8807 said:
what does FTP mean,FTP is File Transfer Protocol.

aldent8807 said:
and where can I find this FTPd version???http://filetrip.net/f8878-NDS-Backup-Tool-FTPd-0-11.html

As for how to quote like I do, when you hit the Quote button, the previous post is copied as one big quote.
You just copy the first line, like this:
, and put it between each 'group' or question.

So if I asked:
What is 1 + 2?
What is 3 x 4?
What is 10 - 5?

You would quote it as one block:CODE
twiztidsinz said:
What is 1 + 2?
What is 3 x 4?
What is 10 - 5?

Then just paste the first line (with the "[ quote]" tag) before each of the questions, then answer it like so:CODE
twiztidsinz said:
What is 1 + 2?
twiztidsinz said:
What is 3 x 4?
twiztidsinz said:
What is 10 - 5?
Remember to close your tags! That's the "[ /quote]" in this case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies +1