1. EldridgeCrimson

OP EldridgeCrimson Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello everybody,

As the title states, I'm very new to the concept of GBA flashcarts, and I just have some questions that will hopefully be very easily answered.

• What, in your opinion, is the best GBA flashcart if I wanted to have access to multiplayer?
    • Will that flashcart be able to connect to a GCN with, for example, Gale of Darkness?
      • as a side note, if it can, can it also connect to ROMs of these games?
    • Are there significant Pros and Cons to being cheap/affluent with my purchase?
    I don't have too many questions, but they're very vital in helping me decide whether or not a GBA flashcart is something I'm looking for. Obligatory sorry if this has been posted before, and if it has, please link it and I'll take the thread down.

Thank you in advance(d),
    EldridgeCrimson

2. Sterophonick

Sterophonick GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The best flashcart, in my opinion in the EZ-Flash Omega.
    It costs about $60 USD and has basically everything you could want in a flashcart.
    Real-time clock
    128K of SRAM
    Save States
    Cheats
    Sleep key combo
    and its kernel is open source

the one downside to it is the problem with the method that is saves with.
    this method is a really bad one.
    the cartridge's controller basically saves to the SD card whenever it is written to, but this can cause corruption of all your save files.

Here are some custom kernels out there
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-theme-for-ez-flash-omega.520665/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-ez-flash-omega-kernel-by-veikkos.558011/

3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States

Both good ones r EZ-Flash Omega and Everdrive GBA X5

No GBA flashcart will work in connecting to most games because how and where the save is loaded from

Most games will do link play

That's what link play is

Answered in first question

4. EldridgeCrimson

OP EldridgeCrimson Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the reply my dude, just one last clarifying question. When you say "No GBA flashcart will work in connecting to most games because how and where the save is loaded from", is this in reference of GBA to GBA connection, or GBA to GCN connection? From some additional research, I feel as though you mean GBA to GBA, but as I stated before I would just like to clarify it.

5. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    what i mean is like Pokemon transferring between gba/ds Pokemon games will not work.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (hopefully, flashcarts, questions