belmont Jan 17, 2019.

1. belmont
    OP

belmont GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    Greece
    Athens,Greece
    Greetings,

I have a Wii U with stock firmware not hacked but I have a ton of digital VC games bought and I have also a ton transferned from my old Wii. The total is about ~ 70 GB.
    Now that the Wii shop will close I can't redownload the games if the system bricks/breaks and it won't be long until the Wii U eshop also bites the dust.
    Is it possible via homebrew to totally back up the Wii U, including Wii VC in an external HDD? The console is in the latest firmware but it is easy for me to hack it.

If it is possible can you perform a complete system restore if the console bricks? Also can you do a system restore on a totally different Wii U console system? Can I keep buying Wii U digital games in a hacked system?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You can turn installed Wii titles into any-console-compatible backups (with BlueDump Mod - say yes to fakesigning)
    The same can be done with WiiU titles (grab their title folder, containing "code" "content" & "meta", then use nuspacker on a computer - or alternatively and more accurately, find out the titlekey, then redownload them in installable format with FunkiiU)

Those are completely unrelated to a full nand backup (slc + slccmp + mlc - all dumped at the same time), which can be used to unbrick your console (and no other; even then limitations apply, such as not having updated to a newer kernel version) with hardware programmers

3. Kris823

Kris823 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2019
    United States
    System updates are dangerous to a Wii console with homebrew installed to it; theupdate can "brick" the system or force you to restore the Homebrew Channel. However, some some game disks contain a system update and won't let you play the game until your Wii is updated.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted