Gaming Total unfair

Do you agree with me that it's unfair for some people to not being able to purchase games from Eshop

• Total voters

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Blah Blah, Nintendo E-shop only accepts Visa from and inside USA, Blah Blah.

I WANT TO PURCHASE Mario Kart 8 DLC PACKS, BUT I CAN'T.

Call me a pirate, because the only solution to play those DLC packs is using Piracy.
Solutions I'm thinking of:
Download the Update from NUS Downloader then extract it, blah blah whatever, and when Cafiine gets released I'll grab the DLC files and replace them with some existed files.
Any suggestions?

Reactions: Margen67

loco365

Trophies
XP
Yeah, eShop cards. Also, does the UAE use the USA region? I'd assume they'd use the EUR region.
Or buy it on the Canadian eshop that allows for international credit cards from what I heard.
I'd be careful. The Canadian dollar is low so what you can get here may be more expensive when converted to other currencies.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Call me a pirate, because the only solution to play those DLC packs is using Piracy.
Download the Update from NUS Downloader then extract it, blah blah whatever, and when Cafiine gets released I'll grab the DLC files and replace them with some existed files.
Any suggestions?

"Nintendo E-shop only accepts Visa from and inside USA"
Eh?
What the hell are you talking about?
Configure your eShop account properly and set it up to the right country!
If you tell it you are from the USA what do you expect?

Also: Voted NO as in learn to use the eShop.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
life Takes Visa, Life Takes Visa, Life Takes Visa.

When my oldest son was 4 I found him marching up and down the hall chanting Life Takes Visa. They are worse than the soft drink industry. :)

loco365

Trophies
XP
Yes, UAE is part of America according to Nintendo. And yes, I know Nintendo needs some Geography classes, in any case ask Australia.

That's absurdly ridiculous. Yeah, if anything, buy eShop cards. If you can't, ask a temper to purchase one on your behalf and pay them via paypal to get the code. That'd be my next move. If anything, a $20 card should cover both DLC packs plus a Virtual Console game.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Any suggestions?

what do you mean by USA visa only? i can use my visa just fine. on my 3ds

also, there are nintendo e-shop cards in every store that sells wallet cards like itunes or steam...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what do you mean by USA visa only? i can use my visa just fine. on my 3ds
also, there are nintendo e-shop cards in every store that sells wallet cards like itunes or steam...

I only have an European Wii U, so I can't speak for the American Wii U eShop, but I will suppose it works the same as the American 3DS eShop.
If you use an American 3DS you can select any country from a list of many for your console, the same as with the European 3DS.
If you select "United States of 'Murica", you can only use VISA or MASTERCARD with an address in the United States.
But if you select any less restrictive country, let's say e.g. Mexico or Canada, you can use any VISA or MASTERCARD without any requirement on the address.

PS: And the lesson to be learnt here, don't give tax money to the USA as a gift, they don't like it. Canada in the other hand will gladly allow you to buy games in their eShop and charge you taxes accordingly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: