Hacking Homebrew Total noob to PSP

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my friend wants to run Doom on his PSP.

I've heard of Doom for PSP, but I don't know where to get it. I have all the WAD files though.

My friend has 2.6 firmware. Is there a 100%-bricker-proof downgrader to a homebrew safe version?

Also he wants to run Loco Roco on his PSP, but it needs a firmware update. What can I do in this situation?

Are there any risks involved?

Do you have any detailed instructions?

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go look at www.dl.qj.net and search for doom, and it'll give you instructions. And to check if your PSP is downgradable, look at this image .

http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_...3/ta82spot1.jpg

If your PSP has the numbers like that, you can't downgrade.

And if he wanted to run Loco Roco, then he can download DevHook .46 and it emulates firmware 2.71. If you need help, you can AIM me at omefgee.

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You'll find all you need within www.pspupdates.com/www.qj.net etc. they give step by step instructions along with all details.

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea wat up i owe a psp 2 for Linkiboy i think u shud just get the modship cuz i think its brickerproof and my friend got it and its working at best
soo if u dont know what u r doin i suggest the Modship and i think i am gonna get it lata on and its about 80 dallars

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the modchip is great if you're an expert installer....else do not bother and just run devhook with 1.5 (get yourself a 2.6- firmwared non-ta082 board). True modchip has advantages to restore onboard NAND etc and makes an unbrickeable psp AND has the advantage of running 2 firmwares @ once but if you're running 1.5....@ this pt there is no need to run anything else if you're running devhook correctly. Also the promises of epsilon bios has fell short a bit and it's not as compatible (as of yet) as everyone dreamed it would be. And of course I will reemphasize this, there are only a handful of people that's gotten their modchips to work and a bunch of others that has killed their psp in the process and sent it off to these expert solderers....it's not a job for the faintest of hearts. Downgrader will not brick your psp if you know how to follow instructions....they're all over the place....psp.qj.net, maxconsole.net, planetpsp.org, psp-hacks.com, etc etc. Just read through the instructions a couple times and know what to expect and get yourself a GTA with the 2.0 firmware upgrade on it and you're set to go....search on psp.qj.net for ways to identify the right GTA for the job. It takes more work to hack a psp compared to a ds but it's doable if one is not the typical lazy noob that refuses to read.

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What else is there to know about the downgrader? If it's compatible, it will NOT have the little letters on the motherboard (in the picture i posted earlier). If you have a 1.5, you can run homebrew (which includes ISO loader programs, aka PSP games). It can emulate firmware 2.71, with full features, even internet gaming.
If you download blindly from random websites, and not well trusted ones like www.psp-hacks.net or www.pspupdates.com, than you should get the Modchip.
But if you're an average gamer, and you don't really care much for customizing your PSP(basically just for looks anyway), than just downgrade and don't get yourselfa modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Hi Hi