Total noob 3DS hacking questions ANSWERED! [up to date as of August 24, 2015]

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by V3NUS_M1NER, Aug 25, 2015.

1. V3NUS_M1NER
    OP

V3NUS_M1NER GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Alright, I created this thread to hopefully cut down on the numerous amounts of questions pertaining to NINJHax/IRONHax/TubeHax. Let us get to it.

Can I install my *.CIA if my 3DS is running 9.3/9.4/9.5/9.6/9.7/9.8/9.9?

No, and, if it is like it was before 9.2 and below was exploitable, it won't be for another few years. Sorry!

Can I run my ROM backup on my N3DS?

Yes! Even if you are not running 9.2.0-20U or below, you can by purchasing a Sky3DS. It cannot play some of the newer games, though, as anti-piracy checks are being put into place.

Help! I accidentally updated! How can I downgrade?!?!?!?

You cannot downgrade if you do not have a NAND backup. Sorry :(

How about game translations/hacked ROMs?! Can I play those if I have access to the hacks and I am on 9.3 or above?!

No, sorry. You cannot play either of those, even if you had the cart and a way to inject the ROM into the cart. It'd be impossible.

Just got a N3DS/N3DS XL/O3DS/O3DS XL/2DS. What are my options for Homebrew?

Cubic Ninja (cartridge game. Pretty expensive due to the game not being made anymore.), IRONFALL: Invasion (was on the eShop, but Nintendo has removed it. Still downloadable if you had previously purchased it on you NNID), and/or YouTube (still on the Nintendo eShop).

If I cannot play pirated games on my 3DS with IRONHax/TubeHax/NINJHax, what can I do?!

Play homebrew, and launch your out of region cartridges. That is all you can do, unless you can use NINJhax 1.1b, which is only available to those with a 3DS on 9.2 and below.

More questions will be answered later! Don't have time to right now.

Last edited by V3NUS_M1NER, Aug 25, 2015
    HaloEffect17 likes this.
  2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Seems useful for noobs, thanks for putting this together.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  3. StaticPain

StaticPain GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    California
    too bad most noobs won't see this before posting their newb questions...

4. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2015
  5. StaticPain

StaticPain GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    California
    nope, but you can downgrade o3ds 9.2 or lower to 4.5 using gateway method. No purchase required.

6. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Few extra's to place in op:

Q. Can i downgrade to 9.2 or lower if i'm on 9.3 / 9.4 / 9.5 / 9.6 / 9.7 / 9.8 / 9.9
    A. No you can't downgrade

Q. Can i play hacked roms or translated roms?
    A. No, like said, you can't play ANY rom, not even hacked or translated roms, not even if you own a Sky3DS

Q. So what can i do with IronHax / TubeHax / NinjHax if i'm on 9.3 / 9.4 / 9.5 / 9.6 / 9.7 / 9.8 / 9.9?
    A. You can run Homebrew and RegionFour (Play other region 3DS retail cart games)

Q. I didn't download IronHax / I just got a New 3DS system, can i still download IronFall?
    A. No Nintendo removed IronFall from the eShop, your only options are TubeHax (Requires internet access everytime) or find a cheap copy of Cubic Ninja.