Total newb to hacking. I have a few questions!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll answer the first two, since I can relate. I've bought 76 games on the eshop, along with most dlc for them, so I can understand your fear. actually, there's next to no risk unless you cheat online. tiramisu removes the brick risk for the most part. you can still access the eshop as long as you don't use the dns to block updates, tiramisu should do that automatically or you can delete the update folder like I did if you're paranoid. if you do use the dns, you need to use nnu patcher to access the eshop or download updates.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well techinally it is "illegal" but nobody has ever been banned for it and they really dont care they just say to scare people nobody has ever been sued just for hacking it also brick risk for tiramusi is very low as long as you do everything right and the benifits of hacking that dont invlove piracy is a lot mods to your games emulators more vc games revive the mii verse custom themes and some homebrew games like gta3 and gtavc have been ported there are many reasons to hack a wii u besides piracy and also gamecube with hdmi is so nice with gamepad controlls also its great when my sister is using the tv i can just play super mario sunburn "hack of sunshine" on my wii u gamepad (:

Last edited by Norris,

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. When you say "for the most part," that means there is still some risk of bricking. What would I have to do wrong in order for it to brick?

I assume the update blocking is to prevent Nintendo from detecting the modification or patching the vulnerability, but how long has it been since the last update?

Thanks! Game mods isn't something that had occurred to me. Are there a lot of game mods for the Wii U out there? I assume there's probably some interesting ones for games like Breath of the Wild, at least. Custom themes could also be fun. Would it be possible to do something like use better emulators for the Virtual Console games I've bought than the emulators they come with? Particularly for the N64.
theres a website called gamebannana i think thats how you spell it. it host tons of mods for your games and btw permanet custom themes have a brick risk but there are methods that you have to load everyboot but not a birck risk and yes it is possible to use a n64 emulator but its on the vwii side it can still use gamepad controlls there is also a ps portable emulator ps1 emulator and some sega stuff and if you start using a emulator it wont detect you have bought those games you have to download the roms for them

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way to brick is to ftp over to the internal storage of the wiiu, and delete health and safety. very unlikely to happen unless the person is an idiot. lol

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w
Well, I might just be that idiot! =D I understand the Health and Safety app is what's used as a vulnerability, or whatever, so it makes sense that deleting it after hacking the Wii U would cause problems.
well im happy to have another person join the homebrew people here are pretty nice and the wii u is one of the best devices to jailbreak atm

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. Are there a lot of game mods for the Wii U out there?
the biggest modding communitys are mk8 botw and smash which all have some great mods but other games like nsmbu have mods and mario maker 2 have some great ones its defetenly something to look into and thats just the mods for wiiu games theres also mods for your other games like snes/nes/gba/gb/gbc/gamecube/wii/n64 which you can get into

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum