OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys well I have been working with xboxs for a while as well as my 360 as far as getting homebrew to play on them as well as backups. But today I went out and bought a DS Lite and think it was one of the best decesisions of my life. But I havn't done anything or kept up on what to do for homebrew or backups. So if anyone has recomendations on what I should get now, or if tehre is something I should wait for to get

Thanks a lot
yaynds.gif

ptpeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just get the combo supercard and superkey from realhotstuff.com. It sells for 72 dollars and works great... and this way you dont have to worry about messing your DS up.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what all you wanna do with your system. If you just want ds games on the cheap and don't mind having a cart sticking out the supercard sounds like a good option.

If you want something that fits a little better in the dsl go for either the ez4 lite or the g6 lite. Both have great DS compatibility, ez4 has very good GBA compatibility (from what I've heard) and removable storage so you can have up to 1gigaBYTE on a microsd card. G6 has good GBA with bad saves (from what I've heard) and has internal memory of 4gigaBITS (512megaBYTES). So if you want something now or soon those all would be very good options.

If you are willing to wait a little while there is also the EWIN card coming out that I'm looking into with 3 versions, sd, mini sd, and micro sd, and looks like it could be pretty good. There are also rumblings of a m3 microsd in the next couple months and an extreme flash advance linker lite but I have NO IDEA when that's coming.

If you wanna do some research this is a great site to get started, they are usually on top of any new developments. There are a lot of threads that go into deeper detail but I just wanted to give you a quick rundown. I plan on buying my stuff from www.winsunx.com when I get around to it, but some other good retailers are www.jandaman.com and www.kicktrading.ca . Anyways, welcome and I hope that this post was of some help to ya
yaynds.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That setup should serve you well, you might be able to get it cheaper from elsewhere mind, I would suggest a larger miniSD (2 gigabyte ones are about).
DS roms range in size from 16 megabytes to 128 megabytes (I believe they could go bigger, moonshell videos certainly can). Your 2 gig cart will pull about 1900 megabytes after you format it and account for saves (you can do the rest of the maths).
Most decent DS roms are 32 or 64mbytes in size. You can also rip intro movies and stuff from your roms (link in my signature).

Oh and if you want a nice little breakdown this article should help, it was written for the EZFlash Wiki but should tell you what you want to know:
http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.p...d_general_usage

CrossFireXT17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well is there any comparisons of all the features or whatever of the ez4 lite, g6 lite, and this m3 lite

because the M3 lite apperently sticks out from the DS Lite (which isn't that big of a deal, but I rather have if flush
wink.gif
)

from what I see all the M3 lines really have a lot of features and I'm not 100% sure how the other 2 stack up to it... like viewing images and watching movies and things.

IS there a chart that compares everything at all? That would be really nice and helpful for someone to make, because I'm worried that if I get one it might not have all the features I wish it could have

CrossFireXT17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright well I think I just want to get one that accepts SD memory since thats basictly dirt cheap now. So if I have a DS Lite I know (well I'm pretty sure that I need passkey3) and then Iw as gunna get M3, is tehre an M3 version that works with DSlite/PAsskey3 as well as SD memory?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: