Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so im looking to buy 1 of these and im not sure which will work the best reviews on both are pretty solid so im sure i wouldnt go wrong with either but still which would the people of gbatemp recommend?

Im not looking to get buffed i just wanna be overall stronger and more in shape. (Freeweights are more then likely better but ive done that in the past and looking for something new)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No offense to the Temp's general populace but I really can't see too many people here being of any help with a topic like this.

Reactions: 2 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just get a gym membership? these are gimmicks and will not offer total experience like a gym will.

Try again. A bowflex (only used this not Total Gym) is AMAZING. The only thing it can't do is give you the running experience. But in terms of getting toned, and working the upper body, it's pretty much a replacement for a gym. Same workout as you would get there.
No offense to the Temp's general populace but I really can't see too many people here being of any help with a topic like this.

Good thing I'm in the minority.

Get a bowflex. If you want to get toned, get rid of the chub (if you have any) and want to get a little bit stronger without looking like a freak, bowflex is a great choice. And with the prices of them damn cheap than they were years ago, you really can't go wrong. I never used a Total Gym before, but the bowflex pretty much gives you all the machines that work your upper body that you would find at a gym, all in one.

Reactions: 3 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't Arnold Schazawazazaza whatever his last name a bit of a bodybuilder?

No. He's a nerdy pale kid who pretends to be a bodybuilder on this forum. For whatever reason.

EDIT: Unless you for some reason meant the real Arny. In which case: no comment.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
free weights and a cheap bench

this.

bowflex totally sucks in my opinion. the weight resistance is uneven all over the place. the total gym looks retarded from the getgo. if you gonna get a machine type deal, one with a pulley and weight stack system is better. they haven't really improved passed that.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what type of workout you're after really. I was able to improve strength better with actually bars and disks.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if you want to be stronger then lifting weights would work, but if you want to be in shape then it will just about nothing.

No matter how big or strong someone gets, it won't mean they're in shape.

If you want to be in shape and be stronger, then I'd recommend you do a sport, I do swimming and my legs, arms, back, and abs have gotten noticeably more muscular since the start of the season.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1