Gaming Totaka's Song found in Mario Kart 8

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So I was in a Skype chat full of MKDS hackers (Who are also working on MK7, great stuff there), and one of them found a sound clip of Yoshi humming Totaka's Song. We all went to work, and found 3 courses that for sure have the song, and another 2 that might have the song.

http://tcrf.net/Mario_Kart_8#Totaka.27s_Song has the ripped .bfwav converted for your listening pleasure, as well as a listing of courses that [may] have the song.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was in a Skype chat full of MKDS hackers (Who are also working on MK7, great stuff there), and one of them found a sound clip of Yoshi humming Totaka's Song. We all went to work, and found 3 courses that for sure have the song, and another 2 that might have the song.

http://tcrf.net/Mario_Kart_8#Totaka.27s_Song has the ripped .bfwav converted for your listening pleasure, as well as a listing of courses that [may] have the song.

Wow. Thanks for the awesome share!!!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
GameXplain recently posted a video about it which coincidently seems like he stole it off you guys without crediting how it was made known, regardless that it's part of Nintendo.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's not like this song was found only on the disc without actually being used in the game, so while I personally don't care much about "GameXplain", anyone could've found out about this before by playing the game. No one should be credited for an "easter egg" like this. It's possible folks have known about this for a long time now, but the headlines happened now when someone not just made the discovery but also wrote about it online. So yeah, it's a fun thing hidden in the game, but it's not like someone made the discovery of the century. ;)

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
GameXplain recently posted a video about it which coincidently seems like he stole it off you guys without crediting how it was made known, regardless that it's part of Nintendo.

Technically, since it's public domain information, they do have permission to use the information as they please, even my uploaded soundclip. So there's nothing I can do about it. Although appropriate credit would be highly appreciated, it's not required.

If anything, it seems all the videos are crediting this one video for the discovery, when the video in the TCRF article was actually the first video to feature it. That video should be crediting the find on TCRF, as it sounds like he's taking all the credit for it.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
What is so "cool" it ? A hidden song that you can barely ear, fuss over nothing.

Pip'
A bit googling says that the composer of the Tokata's Song is, like the name says Tokata.
The thing is when Tokata is directing the music for a game he always puts that song in the game.
You can find the same song in games like Links Awakening,Yoshis Story,Luigi's Mansion and etc.
Was confused at first too so needed to google it to see about what's the internet talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended