Hacking Toshiba Stor.E Basics 500GB USB 3.0 (0480:A007)

ElizabethIreton

OP
Trophies
XP
I am using
Toshiba Stor.E Basics 500GB USB 3.0 (0480:A007)​
which is on the compatibility list working in the green column (with CFG USB Loader), not tested on the other loaders. This is what the list said though, in order to make it work, I think I have to follow these instructions, which I can't tell what is trying to be said.

Toshiba StorE Art4 500GB USB 3.0 Not Tested Not Tested Issues Tried USB Loader GX, WiiFlow and CFG USB Loader, using the whole partition in Fat32 and NTFS. All loaders froze during boot. Only works when the HD is connected when the loader asks for a USB device. 0 Toshiba Stor.E Basics 500GB USB 3.0 & 2.0 0480:A007 Not Tested Not Tested Works Was initially as the Art4. Fixed by adding drive to usb.ids in the root directory of the harddrive and can now use CFG with FAT partition. 0

I have the one on the bottom that works. I copied both because I think that whoever tested it and made it work had a similar issue as is listed in the first hard drive (the Art4). It says that it can be fixed by adding "drive to usb.ids in the root directory of the hard drive". What does that mean!!!???

For now, my hard drive is sort of working. If I wait to plug it in until after the USB Loader program loads and is looking for a hard drive, it is detected and works fine, loads games, plays for hours, no glitches. But if I just start the program with the hard drive plugged in, the USB Loader freezes at its start screen. I am hoping to resolve this issue because it is really inconvenient to replug it in every time someone wants to play a different game:/

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First make sure you are currently running the latest D2x 249 v9rev49, if not use modmii from here http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic/
if that is good, try with all the other loaders . if this still fails you can always try a base wad of 58 with latest d2x it seems to be slower but seems to be better for some hdd that are known to have problems .

"drive to usb.ids in the root directory of the hard drive". What does that mean!!!??? as for you question i have no idea,, sorry,, maybe google.

Reactions: 1 person

darsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

Im sorry to reopen this threat but I'm having the same problem with the same Toshiba HDD so I thought it would be stupid to open a new one ... if I need to open a new one just let me know and I'll do it immediatly.
I used ModMii to modify the Wii (4.3), it installed 2 versions of d2x among many other:
  • cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final
  • cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final
I don't understand what I need to do now so that CFG doesn't crash everytime I boot it with the HDD connected, how can I change the IOS that CFG uses?
Thanks in advance for the help

darsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Drive is formatted to NTFS and I'm able to play games from it but I need to unplug the HDD everytime I want to start the usbloader it freezes unless I first unplug the HDD and plug it back once it asks for it and I would like to avoid to plug it in and out all the time

darsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was able to find out how we can change the IOS used by CFG, by changing it in the meta.xml file. I hope that this is what bm123456 meant? Not able to test right away if this brings a solution to my problem as I don't have the Wii at the moment, will keep you updated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW...