toshiba colorstream and wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mballer20, Sep 21, 2008.

Sep 21, 2008

toshiba colorstream and wii by mballer20 at 4:04 AM (2,308 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. mballer20
    OP

Newcomer mballer20 Member

United States
    I'm completely new to the site so please tell me if i posted this topic in the wrong section. I am using a toshiba tv which has something called "colorstream" which is meant for component cables (from what i've seen on google). When i connected the component cables into the correct places, switch into colorstream mode, and switch my wii setting from "Standard TV (480i)" to "EDTV or HDTV (480p)", my screen gets completely messed up. But, if i leave the setting to "Standard TV (480i)", the picture is fine on colorstream.

My question is, how do i use colorsteam with my wii? Do i leave it on standard, or is there a way to use the "EDTV or HDTV (480p)" setting correctly? I'm not very good with these kinds of things so you may flame if you wish.

2. Neversoft

Member Neversoft GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't have a Toshiba TV but a quick "Google" suggested that not all Toshiba TV's with Colorstream support 480p... Have you checked your TV manual?

3. mballer20
    OP

United States
    no i haven't. I'm not to sure where it is but i'll look it up.

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    If it's garbling out completely and I think in black and white when it is, you don't have 480p. My old Sony WEGA from 2002 was like that being interlace only. Despite that still using the component cable in its jacks gave it a much finer image anyway on 480i.

5. mballer20
    OP

United States
    I think your right. It's fine the way it is now. Thanks for your replies.