TOSHIBA Canvio Basics 3.0 1.5TB Black Portable Hard Drive HDTB115XK3BA

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by DGenerateKane, Dec 1, 2012.

1. DGenerateKane
    OP

DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2009
    United States
    Anyone have this drive? I'd like to know if it is compatible before purchasing. The 1TB model is listed on the compatibility wiki so I assume it will work, but we all know what happens when you assume something. :)

2. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    In my opinion, I'd stay away from Toshiba HDDs when it comes to Wii USB loading ( if that is your purpose ).
    Several models are reported to be incompatible, I myself have a 500 GB Canvio 2.0/3.0 and it only gave me problem from the start ( I have to unplog it everytime I start up the USB loader otherwise my Wii will freeze ), no matter how many revision of D2X I tried.

If I were you, I'd go with a brand proven to work flawlessly, such as WD od Seagate.

3. DGenerateKane
    OP

DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2009
    United States
    Bummer. Normally I would stick with Seagate but I have a 1TB Freeagent Goflex portable drive that no USB loader can read when I have the usb 3.0 cable plugged in, only the usb 2.0 cable works so I'm a bit leery getting a Seagate.

4. danielko

danielko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I spent a couple of days to make a "Canvio Plus" work, also switching between different d2x/rodries IOSs and loaders. It didn't. Returned it and got a WD MyPassport instead, worked with no problems.