MrJason005

√2
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
q:100

The immensely popular torrent search engine, Torrentz, has suddenly shut down operations. Any user trying to search for anything, will simply be greeted with the message: "Torrentz will always love you. Farewell."
In addition, the site on its first page will present itself in the past tense, using was instead of is.

7e95d6b51afa4d5c8d90ffb4666063d8.png

This surprising turn of events has happened a few months after KickassTorrents temporary shutdown, perhaps signalling a decline in torrent providers, as most people have taken to streaming instead of downloading movies, something that may be worrying for software and game providers.

What are your thoughts on this? Are any alternatives that will match up to Torrentz's performance going to show up?

Torrentreak coverage

Engadget coverage

Last edited by MrJason005,
D

Deleted User

Wow. Of everything shutting down, Torrentz has to shut down?! Yayyyy one of the best way to find torrents shut down.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Private trackers and usenet.

Seriously, those are FAR better organized then public trackers.
Even if you're not in it for the downloading, the knowledge and community has a fuck ton of information floating around.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thing is, if they really manage to kill torrents once and for all, they'll put all that energy towards streaming and i dont like that
At worst torrent will be more difficult to obtain and you'll have to go to places with temporary links like 4chan. They'll never fully kill torrents, and Streaming will never be able to win. Too many people hate streaming, myself included

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Aw man, Torrentz was my go-to torrent search thingy. "t" autocompletes to "torrentz" in my browser :P

Why did they shut down, any explanation?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Crap. That site has made my torrenting life so much easier since I first discovered it many years ago. When TPB went down or changed domains like 20 times I was still able to find torrents thanks to that site, in fact I found out about KAT thanks to that site. I have private trackers, but sometimes it's just not possible to find what I need on a private tracker, or I'm not willing to download it from a private tracker because it's huge and will take forever to seed back and take up too much space on my drive in the meantime. Between that and KAT I seriously have no idea where to get public torrents now. Movies and TV shows I just stream with Kodi + Quasar so that's not a big issue, it's all the other crap I download (The occasional eBook, romset or game) that will be harder to find now.
Quasar had KAT and TorrentZ as two of the torrent provider plugins as well, so I'm worried finding decent sources on it is going to be much harder now.

Reactions: MrJason005

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That site was my main source of torrenting from maybe 5 years ago, searching and downloading some obscure but good games.
Last game i downloaded using Torrentz was Jazzpunk in 2014.
Ah, good times..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1