ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted know if I started downloading one torrent and then started another one will the torrents effect each others down speed. So basically will three torrents download faster then 12 torrents going at the same time

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe not.
It's the same as downloading a file from Rapidshare, a file from Megaupload, from FileFactory, .... at the same time, so no, your speed won't be affected.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Normally as many as your connection can handle at one time will download and the rest will be queued in till one finishes and then a queued torrent will take that slot and so on.

the_joeba

Trophies
Website
www.comicofrevelation.com
XP
Country
United States
depending on YOUR download, and THEIR upload. example
If you can download a max of 1MB/Sec and you are downloading 2, each at 500K/s because that is the speed of the uploaders. If you dropped down to 1 download, they still couldn't get more than the 500 max upload. If you wanted to start a 3rd, and all are 500K/s, each would (potentially) drop to 333K/s.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of course your speed will be affected. Remember, the Internet is a series of tubes, and if you try to shove too much through a tube, nothing will go fast.
Or a classic Slashdot car analogy: let's say your connection is a highway. What would move faster: 3 cars next to each other or 12 cars next to each other?

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JinTrigger said:
Hmmm.......I think I understand...I think [semi-confused]
basically, it will effect, but by what degree is hard to say. best thing to do is dl 3 at once, then keep adding more and see if there's a significant decrease in speed or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: