Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
You're not allowed to ask. At all. Zip. The most anyone could give you is a release name WITHOUT a warez site in the name. Sorry, take a look around. Lots to choose from. Google is your friend. Speed and reliability don't really have anything to do with the site that you download the torrent from. Has to do with health of the torrent (seed-to-leech ratio) & your internet speed.

This has me thinking of creating a Torrents basics thread in the computer section without breakin any rules. idk I might later.

If you'd like tips, then I guess I could give some. But they'd all be common sense.

Look for scrubbed ISOs to download because they're smaller which mean you can download faster.
Don't download immediately after a release as that's when most people try to download and your speed will be in the toilet.
Open a port so that your speed will increase. Google for more info.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Dont ask about places to download games and stuff, thats against the rules!

Go read the rules!
mad.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
You can submit your questions about where to download games using this form. Be sure to include your name, address, phone number and when you will be available for arre--uh...contact: Cliky

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't be so harsh at the guy.

OP, The rules are clear about piracy. People are not allowed to request isos, roms or any kind of application directed toward piracy and/or against the well being of others.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Burton said:

OP, The rules are clear about piracy. People are not allowed to request isos, roms or any kind of application directed toward piracy and/or against the well being of others.

Don't be so harsh? seriously? Maybe I wouldn't be so harsh, if the rules weren't shoved right in your face at the very beginning in registration...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Burton said:

Don't be so harsh? seriously? Maybe I wouldn't be so harsh, if the rules weren't shoved right in your face at the very beginning in registration...
I still say mods alter the registration process so that the boxes that you check at the end says that you WILL request ROMs, ISOs, WADs, or other warez files and then it will take the user back to the beginning until they figure it out.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dudeonline said:
Burton said:

Yes, but you are in no position to be harsh toward anyone. We give people advice, we do not scold them. Only mods have that privilege.

Hakoda said:
dudeonline said:
QUOTE(Burton @ Jun 29 2010, 03:57 AM)

I still say mods alter the registration process so that the boxes that you check at the end says that you WILL request ROMs, ISOs, WADs, or other warez files and then it will take the user back to the beginning until they figure it out.
That is an interesting alternative. Good thinking there.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
That is an interesting alternative. Good thinking there.
Really? Thank you.
biggrin.gif

No one's being harsh. Its just our natural response telling people to go back and read the rules. Its the user's 9th post, a little slack and constructive criticism as well as a push in the right direction helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse