Hardware TORONTO!: Anywhere that will install a switch for my Wiikey??

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Temp members!!!

Help me out please!

I have a legit Wiikey installed in my launch Wii, but I want a switch installed so I can turn my chip on and off. Does anyone know a place or someone that will do it? I'd prefer it if the place/person was located near the Bloor/Dufferin area.

It can be a electronics store or w/e, I just need a switch installed, and I am willing to pay like 10 bucks for it.

I am buying Brawl and knowing that it won't work day 1 just kills me...

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply.

I asked ModMonkey, but he said it would take him a full day and I can't be there for the install, as I was planning on getting the install this week, and taking the Wii home and play Brawl on Sunday.

Miss and Markham is too far, same with Oakvill.

bmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MC DUI said:
I thought Brawl worked with Wiikey, so why do you need a switch?
I think wiikey is the only chip that doesn't work with brawl original disk. Although NTSC/U has been released for about almost week now in mexico, we haven't seen a dvd9 dump on the net which is suppose to work on wiikey like jap version. And of course the wiikey team is in coma.

Cintdrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HipN said:
Thanks for the reply.

I asked ModMonkey, but he said it would take him a full day and I can't be there for the install, as I was planning on getting the install this week, and taking the Wii home and play Brawl on Sunday.

Strange, he did mine and my friends wii both in under an hour, i don't see why putting a simple switch would be any big deal at all

ccc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmonkey is good, i have completed a few deals with him on redflagdeals.
I had my modchip installed by gmodz tho. I should email him to see if a switch can be installed.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HipN said:
Thanks for the reply.

Couldn't you post your Wii to them express post, and pay for them to send it back?
Would solve your problem of not being able to be there all day.

Worst case download the scene release when it comes out and use it until you can get a switch installed.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadow_cruiser said:
http://www.mad-mods.com/ (mississauga & markham) Duke
Those are the only people I really trust and know. Hope this helps!

Technically, it is not Markham. It's in Scarborough. Just take the subway to Finch Station, take the 53 bus (any 53, except the one that states that it will go to Pharmacy) and get off at Ferrier Street (It should be a few stops BEFORE Warden). Right across from you should be Metro Square. MadModz is located in there. Takes like, 2 minutes to walk the moment you get off the bus. So, it's not that far. This is where I got my Wii modded too.

Oh and, GModz and Mad-Modz are the same people. I have their business card.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HipN said:
Thanks for the reply.

Hello,
I can do it same day very quickly if you come to Oakville (where I do my mods). I likely told you next business day if you are coming to my Toronto location, as that is my office and I cannot do mods there. Also, I do not allow people in my actual home, but they are able to wait in the area (there is a mall, coffee shop etc). I have many consoles around, and have had serious problems with people being allowed in my place in the past (theft, damage, threats among other things), so I am no longer willing to have people in my place while I am distracted modding unfortunately.

Thanks to those who have come by and have kind words to say
smile.gif
I am glad you are all still enjoying your mods!

Also, I am offering free Canada-Wide shipping until the end of March 2008, check my site for more info.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well everyone with a little soldering experiense should be able todo this.

If you did the install yourself like i did soldering a switch should be a peice of cake.
And if you did a wired install it should be even more easyer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off