ToP sprite change Project help

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by delta123, Dec 21, 2006.

Dec 21, 2006
  1. delta123
    OP

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    has anyone done any sprite changing in GBA roms and can direct me to a site that can help. i want to change the battle sprites in ToP to the ones that they use in tales of the world, but have no idea how to start.

*i just realised that this is goona look hella funny with some sprites i can't change.... oh well i have time, i might have to look in to making some of the sprites as well.

2. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    Well you can use Goomba.gba or Pocket.nes to change the SPRITE

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    ^Thread necromancy much?

If you wish to effect a sprite change the best way to do it is to hack the rom (you can get emulators that have a sprite change feature but I do not suggest this route).

Find yourself a tile viewer/editor, my suggestion is http://home.arcor.de/minako.aino/TilEd2002/
    The scan the rom for your sprites (it will likely be multiple pictures for each "frame" (use GBA4bpp, 8bpp and bitmap.
    Should you have a compressed pictures you will have to trace the compression routine (most compression merely uses the bios routines) with VBA-SDL or VBA-h or some other debuggin build.