OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
You may have heard it here before: we are aware of a truly huge PS3 exclusive title that hasn't been announced or confirmed as of yet. Now, as we have promised to keep the game under wraps, we still can't tell you what it is... But with the recent price drop, the introduction of the PS3 Slim, and more reasons than ever to have a PS3 in your entertainment center, we wanted to give you one more.

First of all, don't bother e-mailing us with desperate pleas; those e-mails will go unanswered. Secondly, you can theorize and speculate all you wish but you must always bear in mind that we did not confirm a damn thing. Thirdly, and this much we can almost promise: the game in question is something the vast majority of gamers will likely enjoy, and the only hint we can give you is that it is familiar. Well, we're talking about a massive upgrade over the last installment, but nevertheless...familiar. The good news is that we might be able to spill the beans on this as early as January or February, but we're at the mercy of Sony right now. Our source - who is no rumor-starter but the game designer currently working on the project - says his hands are tied on the issue, and we'll continue to respect that. But if everything goes well, we'd like to think this game will be ready to go by the end of 2010; that may seem like a ways off, but we consider it a damn good reason to own a PS3.

You know about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God of War III, MAG, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, and The Last Guardian. This title will have a place in that elite group as soon as it's announced; you can be guaranteed of that. Oh, and if any of you are wondering if there's a chance the game will go multiplatform: no. Highly unlikely. That's all for now, peeps.
wink.gif

Source

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would cause too much hype with all of its anonymity. And if its overhyped, the game might not live up to the audience's expectations.

It's good for sales to overhype it at least.

I'm thinking its Twisted Metal seeing there's been many series of Twisted Metal specifically for Playstations.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taik said:

I'm going with that.

- The "vast majority of gamers" will like (Disney characters for the kids, good ARPG gameplay for the big boys)
- Won't see a non-PS3 release (like KH and KH II)
- Will go in the selection of elite games (KH was considered to be a top PS2 game and went in the same category as the aforementioned games' predecessors).

And not to shoot down your dreams, but no one knows what Idolmasters is other than you and a few random people. It doesn't have vast appeal.

...Or maybe even a Chrono Cross sequel?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DaMummy said:
the way its hyped tells me its a cloverfield game
If well done, that would be MORE than epic!

QUOTE(Treflex @ Aug 28 2009, 09:46 PM) I can't help but dream it's FF7
rolleyes.gif
Dunno, but the hints does not seem to refer at FF7, as they talk about a big jump from a "last installment"... This would mean a sequel.

If it's really FF7, consider me already with a PS3
smileipb2.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
DaMummy said:
the way its hyped tells me its a cloverfield game
If well done, that would be MORE than epic!

QUOTE(Treflex @ Aug 28 2009, 09:46 PM) I can't help but dream it's FF7
rolleyes.gif
Dunno, but the hints does not seem to refer at FF7, as they talk about a big jump from a "last installment"... This would mean a sequel.

If it's really FF7, consider me already with a PS3
smileipb2.png

I thought Cloverfield blew. So did a lot of people. If it was "Cloverfield hyped", then it would show crappy video clips of shit in Manhatten getting destroyed.

...It would be FF7 2? I don't think it'll be any FF game, since they already announced a new FF installment and most of the spinoffs aren't usually as huge as the main series.

I'm definately pulling for a Chrono Cross sequel. It's been one of, if not the most, requested game to have a sequel. I always thought Chrono Core would be a cool name for a Chrono Cross sequel. Either that or Chrono Double Cross.

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, a big exclusive will be announced eventually. That's not vague at all and no one could have certainly guessed an exclusive for ps3 would be announced eventually.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xDlmaoxD said:
Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal.
I'm just imagining exactly HOW much different ol'Crash would have to look on the PS3. They say it's getting a major overhaul, so if they were to overhaul Crash Bandicoot, you'd get like some sort of werewolf sabretooth thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse