Hacking top screen

GUiii11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my ds lite is showing some lines in the top screen that looks like scale lines , i replaced it and the problem continued
anyone could tell me how could i fix it or what could it be ? i could nt take photos because it isnt shown on them

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure what you mean by scale lines... but there are two little variable resistors accessable under the battery door, and the one nearest to the Slot-2 opening controls some sort of sync for the top screen. I accidentally bumped it when doing the flashme thing, and my top screen had some funky horizontal banding going on, so I used a tiny slot-screwdriver to twist the variable resistor back and forth till I found the setting that looked best.

If your scale lines are like horizontal banding, you might be able to fix it by adjusting that variable resistor. Of course, your mileage may vary, and if you try this, be careful not to short anything out, if you damage your gear it's not my fault, etc etc.

Good luck.

-Atashi

GUiii11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
very thanks i heard about that but i was not sure it happens sometimes now it isnt changing , i hope i can fix it i changed my lcd because the old one was falty and the screen went red than blank
I really like my nds but its giving me so much trouble about fixing it

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
They are accessible from inside the battery compartment. The one nearest the GBA slot is the one for the top screen.

This link is to a big picture of the DSL bottom, with the battery cover removed. The resistors are on either side of the screw for the battery cover.

-Atashi

GUiii11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks again i couldnt post before but i found out them comparing the 2 ds motherboards you have helped i thought this time my nds was done for
so problem solved

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back