top screen scratched and need a new one.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by shemmy, Jul 15, 2008.

Jul 15, 2008
  1. shemmy
    OP

Newcomer shemmy Member

United Kingdom
    well my trusty old ds fat finally got dropped one time too many and now has a fairly large scratch right across the top screen. the screen itself popped off easily enough and now i need a replacement. any one got a suggestion for a good make and where to get it from? usually i'd buy from dealextreme (i'm in the UK btw), but they only seem to do those hori film covers, not a full new screen.

2. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    if you're talking about the plastic shield that is glued in place over the lcd panel, I believe that nintendo sells replacements for about 3 or 5.00usd. like the one for the gba, the kit comes with a new shield and a ring that you peel back the adhesive from and attach to the face of your ds to pull the old shield off.

here's the link for the one from noa's webstore:
    http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/store...rencyPreference

noe should offer the same thing.

3. shemmy
    OP

Newcomer shemmy Member

United Kingdom
    damn! it never even occured to me to check the official webpage.

unlike the US, the UK site doesn't have any kind of store function. they list the items and cost, but don't actually let you buy them via the webpage directly. i've have to email the service centre just to find out how to buy the damned thing.

your reply was much appriciated. [​IMG]