Top Screen of DS (Lite) Loose

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by blankaex, Jun 25, 2011.

Jun 25, 2011
  1. blankaex
    OP

Newcomer blankaex Newbie

Vietnam
    So yeah, I've had my DS Lite for a couple years now. Bit old, but working well. Anyway, my idiot brother likes to jump around when he plays games, 'cause he's stupid like that. Over time, that's caused the DS Top Screen to loosen up because the screen was bent back and forth too frequently, because of his stupid jumping. Now it's at the point where if you hold the DS by its base and invert it, the screen will open by itself.

I've done a bit of research, and I found that this can be fixed by replacing some part inside the DS, but I don't want to disassemble my DS because I'm afraid I'll damage it, and I haven't got anyone to do it for me. I'm thinking of taking it to a store to get it fixed, but I don't know where I should take it, and how much it'd cost. Also, I can't take it to the store I bought it from 'cause that store is in another country. >_>

Could anyone tell me where I could go to get it fixed (some place in NSW, Australia) and how much it'd cost? Also, if anyone knows of any alternative ways to fix it, that'd help too. Thanks in advance!

2. Lights

Newcomer Lights Advanced Member

United States
    Go to this site here, but if you can't go online and send it in to Nintendo because some peoples parents don't allow them. Then try Gamestop. Good luck [​IMG]

The same thing happened to my DS where the hinge is on the sides and you can get it fixed by them!

3. blankaex
    OP

Newcomer blankaex Newbie

Vietnam
    Ah, thanks for that information. It was really helpful. As repayment, I've added a border to your sig. I hope you don't mind. I just think all sigs look better with a border. Here it is.

[​IMG]

4. durpy

Newcomer durpy Member

United States
    i was confused because you mention screen. "top half" would've been more appropriate because the actual LCD screen isn't faulty.

if you don't want to open it up or have no one to fix it for you then you don't have a lot of options left. the repair in general is very cheap and easy (new hinge is about $1.50 USD or a new case is about $8 USD and there are several videos on how to dismantle/assemble ds). i believe nintendo will quote you a price of $59 USD just to fix case/hinge issue.

i have the very same issue with my ds and i'm currently waiting on the screwdriver+parts to be delivered. hopefully i won't botch up the "surgery"

5. Lights

Newcomer Lights Advanced Member

United States
    No problem Blankaex I hope you get your problem fixed soon and are able to get back into playing, sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner my internet has been gone for a few days!