Top Screen is just white

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Tribis, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Tribis
    OP

Tribis Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    I disassembled a regular DS for my kid brother, so that I could replace the shell with a black one he bought off of eBay.

I get the thing to turn on and all seems fine except the top screen is white with out anything else. Now I know enough to asume its the video cable that travels from the top screen to the mobo. My question is: is there anything else it could be or a way I could test to see if its the cable?

BTW the only trouble I had with the cable was when I had to run it through from the top to the bottom, but the cable is not cut or damaged from what I can see.

2. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    There's a disassembly guide on Flickr from when some guy painted his DS pink. http://www.flickr.com/photos/inajamaica/97022468/ mentions that he had to go back and re-attach the screens several times because of not pushing the ribbon cable in far enough before locking it. It doesn't say what symptoms he had, but it's a reasonable guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice