Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
AT $250 I don't think that should be acceptable. That's just me of course.
^^This.

If N wanted to leave a little slack to keep it from breaking then ALL 3DS's would do this, but not all do. Certainly, N should have used some type of metal alloy for the whole hinge assembly and what it attaches to, not just the hinge itself.

A LOT of people paid BIG money for this device and it should be perfect with no exceptions. As I told DigitalDeviant in PM's last night, that little bit of wobble can screw up that whole 3D effect while playing, and then that just kills the whole joy of having a glasses free handheld gaming device. The 3DS has such a small viewing angle to it. If $250 gives you something that is less than perfect then N needs to fix this issue before releasing their next batch...... that is if they can get their manufacturing plants running in japan again. Yikes.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's suppose to do that, and the ones that are stiff and not moving at all will suffer crack hinge if not carefully used.
it's suppose to move alittle. I got 5 3ds (for the family) and they all move alittle.
so it's normal. goes with the 3D mode (not moving the hand held alot).

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
hksrb25s14 said:
it's suppose to do that, and the ones that are stiff and not moving at all will suffer crack hinge if not carefully used.
it's suppose to move alittle. I got 5 3ds (for the family) and they all move alittle.
so it's normal. goes with the 3D mode (not moving the hand held alot).
Do you say that also when your car starts making a clunking noise?

No, it should not do that. LIKE I SAID, it should be stiff and lock firmly in place. If there is fear that the cheap shitty plastic hinges will crack or break then they should have used some sort of metal alloy. At the cost of $250 there should not be a single mm of wobble AT ALL.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think you can compare a car clunking noise to a slight 3DS wobble.

The thing is wouldn't metal alloy make it cost more.

Plus I may not be looking at them right, but it seem you have to put some effort into
it to even make them wobble. Does it effect game play?

Maybe the 2nd video cause some concern.

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Plus I may not be looking at them right, but it seem you have to put some effort into

The top screen is free to 'flap about' when using the AR games or in even general use. It's defiantly annoying.

Ive emailed Nintendo about the issue.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:

IT ALREADY COSTS $250!!! It should have come with a metal alloy STOCK, not freaking plastic for the hinges!!! Does N really expect people to spend $250 on a freaking handheld and it have problems?

Seriously, if there are that many people unhappy with the wobble, and there are hundreds of unhappy people, then it should not be that way....PERIOD!!!

Of course it affects gameplay. it wobbles and then the whole 3d effect gets broken apart.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
IT ALREADY COSTS $250!!! It should have come with a metal alloy STOCK, not freaking plastic for the hinges!!! Does N really expect people to spend $250 on a freaking handheld and it have problems?

Seriously, if there are that many people unhappy with the wobble, and there are hundreds of unhappy people, then it should not be that way....PERIOD!!!

Of course it affects gameplay. it wobbles and then the whole 3d effect gets broken apart.
"IT ALREADY COSTS $250!!!" Exactly it will just make it cost more.

Just turn the thing back in.

I'm saying does it wobble enough to effect gameplay. Base on some comments in the other thread some don't.

Calm down.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
"IT ALREADY COSTS $250!!!" Exactly it will just make it cost more.

Just turn the thing back in.

I'm saying does it wobble enough to effect gameplay. Base on some comments in the other thread some don't.

Calm down.
:facepalm: You just don't get it. With that high of a price tag, N should have thought about this ahead of time. Metal allow, when little piece are manufactured in extremely high volumes, costs very little. Maybe 2 pennies more per unit. It's not like it will make the 3DS cost 10, or even $5 more. But even if it did make it cost $5 or $10 more, I'm sure people would be please to pay that instead paying $250 for a device with shitty plastic hinges and a screen that flops around to the point where you feel it will eventually just break off.

I know I'd rather pay better money for something that will last longer, and I'm sure everyone else feels the same.

The point is, the screen SHOULD NOT have wobble to it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understand where you going with this,but a little wobble doesn't mean it wouldn't last long.

Shoot my phat last a long time and still lasting with this so called wobble.

KungChicken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeadlyFoez said:
KingVamp said:

Why are you still arguing the "3D gets broken when it wobbles" bit? We already explained to you that it does not, and there is no way the wobble can unless it was so wobbly that it flopped almost all the way back, which isnt the case.

Me, as well as a few others, have already phoned "N" and asked them about it and they say it is on purpose to protect the hinges. As far as I am concerned, this topic is finished.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
KungChicken said:
Why are you still arguing the "3D gets broken when it wobbles" bit? We already explained to you that it does not, and there is no way the wobble can unless it was so wobbly that it flopped almost all the way back, which isnt the case.

Me, as well as a few others, have already phoned "N" and asked them about it and they say it is on purpose to protect the hinges. As far as I am concerned, this topic is finished.
I never said that it would break. I said it could after a bit of time. And how do you know if it does or not? How long have you owned a 3DS? How about you come back in a year and tell me how your 3DS has stood up instead of arguing about your 3 day old DS being not broken. :crazy:

And, actually, I heard people say that they WOULD call N or WOULD write N a letter, but I have not seen anyone yet say that they in fact have and gotten confirmation about the wobble.

I'm not arguing so much about that it will break, I'm arguing more that it can screw up the 3D experience with a screen that flops around like a loose dick in the wind. If there are people saying that they are unsatisfied with the wobble THEN GUESS WHAT GENIUS, PEOPLE AREN'T HAPPY WITH IT. AN NO ONE SHOULD PAY $250 FOR A DEVICE THAT THEY FIND IS UNSATISFACTORY. freaking durr.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
KungChicken said:

I never said that it would break. I said it could after a bit of time. And how do you know if it does or not? How long have you owned a 3DS? How about you come back in a year and tell me how your 3DS has stood up instead of arguing about your 3 day old DS being not broken. :crazy:

And, actually, I heard people say that they WOULD call N or WOULD write N a letter, but I have not seen anyone yet say that they in fact have and gotten confirmation about the wobble.

I'm not arguing so much about that it will break, I'm arguing more that it can screw up the 3D experience with a screen that flops around like a loose dick in the wind. If there are people saying that they are unsatisfied with the wobble THEN GUESS WHAT GENIUS, PEOPLE AREN'T HAPPY WITH IT. AN NO ONE SHOULD PAY $250 FOR A DEVICE THAT THEY FIND IS UNSATISFACTORY. freaking durr.
3 day old DS?
rofl.gif
Sorry to break it to yeah, but I got it near launch day just like I'm getting the 3DS.

Haven't seen people confirmations? Maybe you should look a bit harder.

Because most of the people who found it satisfactory even with a little wobble and not whining over every little thing do not count?

Oh and not everyone with a little wobble is effecting their gameplay or 3D experience.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
DeadlyFoez said:
How about you come back in a year and tell me how your 3DS has stood up instead of arguing about your 3 day old DS being not broken.
3 day old DS?
rofl.gif
Sorry to break it to yeah, but I got it near launch day just like I'm getting the 3DS.

Haven't seen people confirmations? Maybe you should look a bit harder.

Because most of the people who found it satisfactory even with a little wobble and not whining over every little thing do not count?

Oh and not everyone with a little wobble is effecting their gameplay or 3D experience.
That was obviously a typo on my part. Considering this whole topic has been about the 3DS, and I said 3 day old, so I obviously was not meaning to refer to a DS.

Are you on drugs? Did you not read all the posts about people not being happy with it and exchanging it? Some of you people......

Forums all over the place have people complaining about the wobble. People are tweeting about it like crazy. It seems to be the biggest issue that people are having with the 3DS.

KungChicken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeadlyFoez said:
I never said that it would break. I said it could after a bit of time.

Well I am sorry for thinking that when you clearly said the 3D gets broken apart that you indeed meant that the 3D effect gets broken apart. T.T

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Mar 29 2011, 01:15 PM) Of course it affects gameplay. it wobbles and then the whole 3d effect gets broken
apart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)