The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Trailer here to tickle and tease:

Is Maverick contemplating his own mortality?
Seems to be a thing lately.

Tom Cruise insists on doing his own stunts. In the last Mission Impossible movie, he broke his foot, performed a HALO jump, and learned to fly a helicopter.
I wonder if he learned to fly a fighter jet for this one.

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the one hand I never expected to see this, on the other given all the remakes of things lately I kind of did. I don't think I have seen this since it first broadcast (to much fanfare) on UK TV however many years ago that was, and even then I probably only paid attention to the planes* so don't need a continuation of the story.

*this would still have been way before internet so best you could probably do** was hope something appeared on the 4 channels the UK had at the time, watch a maybe 3 second clip on encarta or look at a book.

**at the time the main museum for such things was probably still mostly world war 2 era (had the starts of a cold war collection going on when I went the better part of a decade later, today it has far more), however young me did end up on various USAF bases as guests of people with some pull during similar timeframes so my dad tells me of the time I got to see F16s and probably some F15s very up close in the hangar.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
New trailer.. May 27th release date.. time to get excited.
First movie:
Iceman: "You killed Goose you irresponsible hotshot, I will never listen to you."
Maverick: "I AM ANGSTING OVER THAT"
*EPIC AERIAL BATTLES*
Iceman: "Okay I guess you're cool."

New movie:
Goose Jr: "You killed my dad you irresponsible hotshot, I will never listen to you."
*EPIC AERIAL BATTLES*
Goose Jr: "Okay I guess you're cool."

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First movie:
Iceman: "You killed Goose you irresponsible hotshot, I will never listen to you."
*EPIC AERIAL BATTLES*
Iceman: "Okay I guess you're cool."

New movie:
Goose Jr: "You killed my dad you irresponsible hotshot, I will never listen to you."
*EPIC AERIAL BATTLES*
Goose Jr: "Okay I guess you're cool."
As long as the aerial battles are epic I'm in. My favourite character in the original is not returning (Jester / Michael Ironside) so I'm not that interested in the new story, however Jennifer Connelly is perfection so there's that.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, it's out and the early reviews are RAVING.
This is usually the case because early reviews are from fans and enthusiasts on early screenings, midnight premieres and so on. It will level out once more cool-headed and unbiased reviews start trickling in.
But still.
Maverick is back, baby.

[Apply at your local recruitment center.]

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize he's in terrible shape and all, but Val Kilmer's role being reduced to an AI assisted cameo is not something I can be involved with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.