I love me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, i almost forgot Vanilla Sky. I should have put it in that list. That's an awesome mind-bending movie.

Ignoring the fact that Tom Cruise is in that movie (who sucks balls) that movie really gets you thinking of possibilities.

Say for example i transfer my conscience into a computer and then one day I find out that I’m not alive but only my thoughts are alive. What happens? Depression I’d think.

And the fucked up part is that if you want to kill yourself, you can’t because you’re just in a computer. WTF.

Engert

I love me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Goon.
Dedicated to all Canadians.
Great action/funny movie that doesn't take itself too seriously.

goon.jpg

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly cannot watch anything made by The Wachowskis anymore. Especially since they fucked over the Matrix trilogy with those last two abominations.

Reactions: Engert

Engert

I love me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I honestly cannot watch anything made by The Wachowskis anymore. Especially since they fucked over the Matrix trilogy with those last two abominations.

That was the one thing which has stopped me from watching this movie.
So if anyone has seen it, can you please give me the plot in a nutshell? I don't mind spoilers.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
That was the one thing which has stopped me from watching this movie.
So if anyone has seen it, can you please give me the plot in a nutshell? I don't mind spoilers.

Or you could read the novel.

I haven't read it myself (nor do I plan to.) but reviews have said it's alright. Better than wasting $12.50 on a potentially sub-par movie.

hkz8000

Trophies
XP
Country
pretty good list although i disagree with you on Apocalypse Now. I found it much more enjoyable than inception.

Engert

I love me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
oh, i just assumed 1998 because only a child would project a correlation between what year a person was born and their taste in movies

Really? So you think age has nothing to do with preference?
Interesting.
During my college years they made me watch Casablanca. You know the 1950 (or whatever) black and white movie.
I almost killed myself but did not pull the trigger at the last minute since i heard that there were nude pictures of Paris Hilton online.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.
During my college years they made me watch Casablanca. You know the 1950 (or whatever) black and white movie.
I almost killed myself but did not pull the trigger at the last minute since i heard that there were nude pictures of Paris Hilton online.
Age only plays a part in preference when you're dealing with impatient children lacking in an attention span. Casablanca is a fantastic movie. If 1979 is your cut-off...you have my pity.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.

Some movies don't age well, some do.

There's a lot of movies I enjoy that are older than me or even my parents.

Also to compare a 1942 movie to a 1979 movie is a really big difference. I'd easily say most movies from 1979 are much more watchable than movies from 1942, especially to a general audience.

Star Wars came out in 1977, Jaws came out in 1975, The Godfather came out in 1972, Raiders of the Lost Ark came out in 1981. All movies that are excellent and have aged remarkably well.

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou