Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
Read/write. But I don't know if all tag regions are accessible.

Hand analysis produces points for finger prints, point for hand/palm center, points for joints and full outline of the hand shape.
You can create wireframes by connecting the dots if you want, and then track them.
It can understand many things but you can create wonders with the data provided.
The outline specifically works with everything and you can write an AI parser code for that to identify different object shapes and movement.

Nice to listen about your new discovement.I have a maybe still stupid question : the hand analysis code is on the joycon fimware and the analisis is done on it ?

I know i did the same question about vibration files but if i dont remember bad the kinect had some code on the fimware which made the device give its raw data filtered (giving diferent kind of data depending of the configuration : from rgba imagenes to point cloud image data) which MS always said than they dont wanna anyone reverse enginering this code (they were happy than people use the kinect on pc but no allow people re his fimware code ).Later all tracking was done for the external machine (which was the problem it had on its games : the xbox 360 was no enought powerfull to procesate the data and generating the tracking on real time as it has happen on pc which many programs people has done (i hope you dont disturb i paste here the links explaining what i mean (i dont know if it would be posible using the data from joycon,i doubt it has the same level because resolution limitation)

http://users.ics.forth.gr/~argyros/res_kinecthandtracking.html

http://users.ics.forth.gr/~argyros/res_hope.html

also MS make made some advanced on this method for real time hand estimation:

http://www.jiansun.org/papers/CVPR14_HandTracking.pdf

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice to listen about your new discovement.I have a maybe still stupid question : the hand analysis code is on the joycon fimware and the analisis is done on it ?

I know i did the same question about vibration files but if i dont remember bad the kinect had some code on the fimware which made the device give its raw data filtered (giving diferent kind of data depending of the configuration : from rgba imagenes to point cloud image data) which MS always said than they dont wanna anyone reverse enginering this code (they were happy than people use the kinect on pc but no allow people re his fimware code ).Later all tracking was done for the external machine (which was the problem it had on its games : the xbox 360 was no enought powerfull to procesate the data and generating the tracking on real time as it has happen on pc which many programs people has done (i hope you dont disturb i paste here the links explaining what i mean (i dont know if it would be posible using the data from joycon,i doubt it has the same level because resolution limitation)

http://users.ics.forth.gr/~argyros/res_kinecthandtracking.html

http://users.ics.forth.gr/~argyros/res_hope.html

also MS make made some advanced on this method for real time hand estimation:

http://www.jiansun.org/papers/CVPR14_HandTracking.pdf

It's on the IR camera MCU firmware. The IC of the sensor analyzes the image taken and produces a report with objects.

Reactions: JoFelix

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the grips can now have separate colors, will there be an update to change those? Mine are set to white by default after changing the colors.

ExploitTnT

Devy | YT: DevRin | dev_settings
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@MK73DS
You haven't seen anything yet.
It constantly changes as I figure things out
Here's with a nice pseudo thermo color palette and max res (it's a petty it's NIR camera though..):
1EjBiUa.png
I want this Beta. Just because of the IR Camera :D

Reactions: Ep8Script

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So from a preliminary check the changes in the Joy-Con firmware from v3.86 to v3.89 are the following:

v3.89:
  • 5 new subcmd
  • bug fixes
  • Optimizations
  • optimizations to wake/sleep timers
  • removal of unused code

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I know how the grips work!
Each Pro-controller has a slightly different body colour, #323232 for black, #313232 for Splatoon, and #323132 for Xenoblade. After messing around for a bit I found out that if I changed it to one of these the controller gets their respective grips!
Though I don't know why the grips turn white if the button colour is changed.

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Read/write. But I don't know if all tag regions are accessible.

Hand analysis produces points for finger prints, point for hand/palm center, points for joints and full outline of the hand shape.
You can create wireframes by connecting the dots if you want, and then track them.
It can understand many things but you can create wonders with the data provided.
The outline specifically works with everything and you can write an AI parser code for that to identify different object shapes and movement.

Got it thank you. You can now delete it, because it has your BD_Addr (except if you don't care :P).
Ah very nice, the hand analysis would probably be pretty cool!

Awesome! I'll probably just leave it because I'm lazy and don't care, lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Each Pro-controller has a slightly different body colour, #323232 for black, #313232 for Splatoon, and #323132 for Xenoblade. After messing around for a bit I found out that if I changed it to one of these the controller gets their respective grips!
That's pretty smart honestly, but pretty tedious if they plan to add a lot more.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks! Can you also try the following:
  • #313131, #323131, #313132 (Check only one)
  • #323212, #321232, #123232 (Check only one)
  • #113232, #321132, #323211 (Check only one)
I want to check if there's a 2bit pattern there.

Additionally, if you put a custom body and buttons they show up correctly but with white grips?
If yes, can you try these: Body #FE3D2A, buttons #FFFFFF (If should show neon-red with xeno grips)

Also I believe that the white buttons are the catalyst or maybe some bits of them.

If there's a bit pattern here either there are 64 variations (in case they use 6 bits for grips) or 8 variations (if they use the 2bits on/off style).

That's pretty smart honestly, but pretty tedious if they plan to add a lot more.

Actually, no. If it comes true that the pattern is like that it's tedious as you said (Switch fw updates) and also can't be produced many different controllers and with colored buttons.
The best way would be: #RGBRGB instead of #RRGGBB. This would wield 4096 colors for every element and could be encoded to Body-> Body+L.Grip, Buttons->Buttons+R.Grip. Anything is possible.

Anyway, it's here to stay. It's easy to implement these, but I have to know the bit pattern here first.

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! Can you also try the following:
  • #313131, #323131, #313132 (Check only one)
  • #323212, #321232, #123232 (Check only one)
  • #113232, #321132, #323211 (Check only one)
I want to check if there's a 2bit pattern there.

Additionally, if you put a custom body and buttons they show up correctly but with white grips?
If yes, can you try these: Body #FE3D2A, buttons #FFFFFF (If should show neon-red with xeno grips)

Also I believe that the white buttons are the catalyst or maybe some bits of them.

If there's a bit pattern here either there are 64 variations (in case they use 6 bits for grips) or 8 variations (if they use the 2bits on/off style).

Actually, no. If it comes true that the pattern is like that it's tedious as you said (Switch fw updates) and also can't be produced many different controllers and with colored buttons.
The best way would be: #RGBRGB instead of #RRGGBB. This would wield 4096 colors for every element and could be encoded to Body-> Body+L.Grip, Buttons->Buttons+R.Grip. Anything is possible.

Anyway, it's here to stay. It's easy to implement these, but I have to know the bit pattern here first.
Well here are my findings:
All of the codes you listed came back with white grips and the correct body colour. (I used the normal white as the button colour)
As for the neon red with xeno grips, it actually came back with white grips.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I don't expect you to support all third party controllers, it would be cool if there was a way to use this tool to edit the colors on those as well. I have the one from this page and i wonder if the controller is completely black because the firmware just doesn't have the data or if it's black because it just needs for the data to be changed to correct values. The page has firmware updates on it.

http://www.sunwaytek.com/n10w.html
b748935785b12f98396f2d0bc7dd1518.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well here are my findings:
All of the codes you listed came back with white grips and the correct body colour. (I used the normal white as the button colour)
As for the neon red with xeno grips, it actually came back with white grips.

Yeah.. It's a petty they went that way and used an else for any other color to have white grips....
But wait..... What's with the black/black/black instead of black/black/white in the above screenshot...

Hmm, maybe
  • #000000 #000000
  • #FF3C28 #000000
does the job. And what happens if the known colored grip codes are used along with black buttons?

Although I don't expect you to support all third party controllers, it would be cool if there was a way to use this tool to edit the colors on those as well. I have the one from this page and i wonder if the controller is completely black because the firmware just doesn't have the data or if it's black because it just needs for the data to be changed to correct values. The page has firmware updates on it.

http://www.sunwaytek.com/n10w.html
b748935785b12f98396f2d0bc7dd1518.jpg

Unfortunately the colors are hard coded in 3rd party controllers. Yours just replies with black colors. You can ask the manufacturer if you want though.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. It's a petty they went that way and used an else for any other color to have white grips....
But wait..... What's with the black/black/black instead of black/black/white in the above screenshot...

Hmm, maybe
  • #000000 #000000
  • #FF3C28 #000000
does the job. And what happens if the known colored grip codes are used along with black buttons?

Unfortunately the colors are hard coded in 3rd party controllers. Yours just replies with black colors. You can ask the manufacturer if you want though.
Yeah I messaged them so hopefully they can reply. It would be nice if they at least made it not all black lol. First controller is the third party one second controller is a real pro controller.

Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule,

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hmm, maybe
  • #000000 #000000
  • #FF3C28 #000000

I tried using those combos, unfortunately didnt work and still gave white grips, I think the black happens because that controller doesn't have a colour set.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wait, so this allows us to backup/flash the Joy-Con firmware?
You can backup them yes.
But no, you can't write on the fw patches regions. You can change almost all the configuration data though.

Except if you have a certain special custom firmware patch.
But still you have to use linux and a certain custom flasher and custom kernel to flash it and then you can flash fw from windows with jc toolkit.

I tried using those combos, unfortunately didnt work and still gave white grips, I think the black happens because that controller doesn't have a colour set.
Whah? strange. I though that the black/black would do it.

So either it was white/white like some 3rd party controllers i've seen,
or it doesn't have the color bit in the info report,
or it never replies to switch about this specific spi address.

Pff a simple switch update change but changed the pro controller color algorithm completely...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Zephyrnereus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dunno if this has been asked, but here goes.
does this program support other controllers that emulate pro controller inputs such as 8BitDo's NES controller?
will there be support in the future grip update? and if not, is there another program specifically for 3rd party controllers?

I really hate confusing my 8BitDo with my standard black pro controller and this function would really come in handy.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
dunno if this has been asked, but here goes.
does this program support other controllers that emulate pro controller inputs such as 8BitDo's NES controller?
will there be support in the future grip update? and if not, is there another program specifically for 3rd party controllers?

I really hate confusing my 8BitDo with my standard black pro controller and this function would really come in handy.
Well countless of time. I was going to add read support at some time but then I stopped. My new version will add partial read support (because I don't want to change how my read cmds work).
Because the reads you get from them are hardcoded and the same values with Pro controller, so where's the fun. Also most special secret functions don't work with them.

And as hardcoded, I mean that you can't change anything, colors or not.
The only way to do it is to use usbpcap and capture the packets that do the firmware update to those controllers/adapter. And if you are lucky and the fw is not encrypted and crc checked, change the color values and flash it back.

Reactions: ExploitTnT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet