Hacking [Tool] Bandai Namco's L7C Archive Tool

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the tools, glad to see can compress/decompress .bin files, can now port Taiko V/IM@S songs to the 3DS Taiko Titles, already ported 2 songs over while testing, potentially opens up porting 3DS to VITA, should be possible, not tried working out the VITA audio format yet, might look into when DLC is finally working in dumped version of Taiko V.

Reactions: Nagato

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hadn't actually tried this before but now that I have use for it I did.

psvita-l7ctool doesn't seem to be compressing .bin files at all? I was trying to compress a file and didn't seem to do anything, I decided to take a .bin file straight from Taiko V and decompress that and recompress, not working correctly :(

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The decompression mode of psvita-l7ctool is only for the TXP files. They have a specific format that includes the filesize in the header.

The tool should be automatically decompressing any data it dumps if you're using x mode, though. If you see a message at the beginning when you start it saying that it's an unsupported archive type, then it will dump raw data which seems to be in another compression format that I don't know and I most likely won't support.

Hmm psvita-l7ctool mentions the .bin files specifically though when looking at all its commands so thought it was made for those, it makes no mention of unsupported archive type, decompress the files found in" "_data\fumen" perfectly, they are essentially the songs note chart and work great ported back over to the 3DS version.

I was trying to port a 3DS song over but since those .bin files aren't getting compressed looks like I'll be at a dead end, game won't take an uncompressed format.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
.bin is just a generic extension.

All files should be getting compressed when you recreate the archive using the 'c' command. The tool will compress it automatically.
If it's not working then it's for another reason and most likely not the tool I think.

Fair Enough, thought would just have said .txp if only works on those.

Those .bin files come out of the L7C still compressed I have to run "psvita-l7ctool d input.bin output.bin" on them which works great, I just tried packing them back into a L7C but they don't get compressed.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The tool *does* compress then when you use 'e', but it's a lazy compression. It's basically a fake compression which doesn't use any of the advanced features of the compression algorithm.

So, if the data doesn't work when you use the 'e' command, then it probably still isn't the tool I would assume.

Oh Awesome, so it does work in-game, should have tested first but since the file size didn't change I assumed it didn't work, well back to work I go :)

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made a Pull Request to this tool that adds the mentioned different compression scheme from Tales of Hearts R. Though I assume the tool as well as the OP are kinda inactive. Just letting you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sbeve