Took the leap and pre-ordered the new *Micro*SD EZ4

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by apoptygma, Feb 10, 2015.

1. apoptygma
    OP

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    Given that the GBA Everdrive could be months away.
    Is there much info about any other changes or will it just be a different slot for the memory card?

2. apoptygma
    OP

Mar 30, 2010
  3. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    So as far as I can tell it's just like the original except with a microSD slot. Lame.

This method seems to work for me so I'll stick with it and the cheaper original harware.
    http://ezflash4.tumblr.com/formatting

I imagine the GBA Everdrive will have something special to differentiate it from all the other slot-2 carts. I hope it's RTC or flash memory for Pokemon saves.

4. apoptygma
    OP

Mar 30, 2010
    I imagine everdrive won't require rom patching. Its very unlikely to have RTC however.
    I grabbed this because I don't have the miniSD version and this costs the same.

5. 160R

160R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006
    So you are paying 10 additional euro than ordering it from chollomedia.es for 29.95eur and you are not getting the free extra battery to avoid "dry battery" error message in a future... :P

MicroSD version is not more expensive really, just it is in flashlinker shop.

6. apoptygma
    OP

Mar 30, 2010
    Have been using this for a couple weeks now and have to say it works pretty well. There is a real danger of accidentally 'missing' the microSD slot and pushing the microSD card inside the cartridge which means having to open it to get it out again. The slot itself doesn't go all the way to the edge of the cart, it's kind of sunk in about 6mm.
    Still, as long as you're careful when inserting the card and don't do it too often I think it's a good card.