Took a GBAtemp vacation, I need caught up

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DrakeLyon, Sep 24, 2016.

1. DrakeLyon
    OP

DrakeLyon Console Perfectionist

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    I've been away from this site for like 3-4 months. I honestly haven't even touched my 3DS either. The last thing I did on my 3DS was the DSiHax transfer thing with another nice success and achievement in the 3DS hacking scene. So now I have 2 A9LH Old 3DS's on 11.0. Would it be a good idea to sell them and get a New 3DS? Or would it be better to just wait for that NX thing and ditch the whole 3DS scene?

Anyway, I kind of want to get back into my 3DS so I don't end up committing suicide as a result of life's daily grind. I left on 11.0, so there's an update? Is it more stability? Any progress with Native NDS emulation? Any updates for NTR? Any CFW better than Luma? Any updates for A9LH? Come on peepz, what's changed?

2. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    No DS ROMs yet. But we have NTR SD access! So we're close!
    No better CFW (though Luma has improved)
    A9LH guide's a lot easier now, though still nothing on 11.0 outside hardmod/DSiWare
    11.0 got Browserhax and Menuhax back along eith a slew of 'sploits
    11.1 is out, patches a lot of those
    Ninjhax is fixed for 11.0 now

DrakeLyon likes this.
  3. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    That's good to hear about NTR and Luma. Sad to see that Nintendo is still releasing useless updates with no actual improvements to the console's software though.

4. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    Yep. Nonetheless, we got it covered anyways. Anything they patch will have an equivalent replacement, eventually...

Hopefully...

DrakeLyon likes this.
  5. DrakeLyon
    OP

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    You sound worried lol, they only made one advancement in a heap of trash that they can call stability updates that, more or less, "halfway" stopped a handful of us. Our underground 3DS developers are more plentiful than the ones they even have at Nintendo lol. That's probably why they made the Nintendo developer application process easier.

6. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    True. But, with downgrading, any dev with an exploit seems reluctant to release.

7. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    They're probs waiting for NX release, same with IOS sploit so Nintendo doesn't take much care towards it in guessing, although I heard updates to the 3DS will be carried out till 2018 so we can only hope

DrakeLyon likes this.
  8. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Any "exploits" that are known are rumors. No actual backing from any dev. The only known exploit that was not released and was known to actually a thing was heaphax by Smealum. Anything else is either not complete or not actually proven. I know arm11 kernel exploit was found, but that honestly gives us nothing for 11.0+ without arm9