Took 5.5.6 Update (Haxchi user) and broke Homebrew

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, are there any special instructions if you have Haxachi but never installed CHBC to switch to Tiramisu? All the guides I tried to Google are for uninstalling CHBC, which I never setup, I only installed Haxachi over Brain Age and that's it. Do I still need to uninstall Haxachi? And if so, do I need to do that first before installing Tiramisu?

Also, would I still need to block my DNS to avoid unexpected updates once I am on Tiramisu or does it take care of all that like Luma3DS does? Or would I need to worry about Nintendo being able to detect it and banning the system/my account of I don't do it right?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With no autoboot, a CFW have to run manually to be able to execute homebrew stuff. This can be done by runing the haxchi icon/channel, or the browser exploid JSTypHax (payload.elf is needed in SD://wiiu/) by opening the Domain http://u.wiidb.de/.

If you had haxchi with cbhc (autoboot) in use and updated the WiiU firmware. CBH might be lost, but it just need to be reinstalled. It was the same with firmware 5.5.5.
> Run the webbrowser exploid or run the haxchi icon/channel and hold A. You should directly launch into homebrew channel. Then run the cbhc installer. Done

Last edited by Sypherone,

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so I just simply uninstall Haxchi as if it was any other official app through the WiiU's uninstall option, thanks.

I was looking over my SD card, and there are a lot of files on there over the years. I assume several of these are related to Haxchi or older now outdated hacks, but I am not sure which and which ones I should or should not remove. Can anyone please give me some advice on that?

This is what the root of my SDcard looks like: https://i.imgur.com/Hqh2lOi.png

I know that almost all of those are from a NAND dump backup and I can safely delete those (Going to make a new NAND backup anyway) but are there any files on the root there that are important? Or no? And I am assuming I can just delete the Haxchi folder once I uninstall Haxchi too right?

There is also some confusion with my Wiiu folder as well. I have several zip files in there, is there any reason to have zip files there? I assume I forgot to delete them after unpacking homebrew apps, but I want to make sure. I also noticed a payload.elf file, which I know will be replaced by Tiramisu, so I am assuming it's ok to delete this once I uninstall Haxachi?

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With no autoboot, a CFW have to run manually to be able to execute homebrew stuff. This can be done by runnng the haxchi icon/channel, or the browser exploid JSTypHax (payload.elf is needed in SD://wiiu/) by opening the Domain http://u.wiidb.de/.

If you had haxchi with cbhc (autoboot) in use and update the WiiU firmware. CBH might be lost, but it just need to be reinstalled. It was the same with firmware 5.5.5.
> Run the haxchi icon/channel and hold A. You should directly launch into homebrew channel. Then run the cbhc installer. Done
Can confirm that this method worked for me to reinstall CBHC. Thanks!

bacon612

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sig patches error is 199-9999. Reinstall cbhc.
So this worked for me. I used the browser exploit to get homebrew launcher working. Then i was able to reinstall CBHC. After a reboot, the black autoboot menu was back and moreover, i was able to use the homebrew channel from within my wiiu menu like I used to.

Anyone care to explain the advantages of uninstalling CBHC in favour of Tiramisu? I need a push in helping me decide if i need this or not.

Superdimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first update that’s broken the older Hackchi/CBHC. It will basically remove your hack if you’re on the older hack. HOWEVER, IF you do update and it breaks your OLD hack, no problem, just delete all the old Hackchi “DO NOT DELETE” files from your WiiU and then do the Tiramisu hack and ALL your old unsigned roms (WUPS) will work again, your Homebrew channel will work again and your online will work again. And the nice thing is, you will be able to run just regular Wifi settings and access the eShop (well for as long as it remains) Hope that helps anyone worried. If you have the old hack, just go ahead and update, and then delete the old file and re-hack with Tiramisu and it will take you maybe 10-15 minutes and you’ll be back in business!!

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So this worked for me. I used the browser exploit to get homebrew launcher working. Then i was able to reinstall CBHC. After a reboot, the black autoboot menu was back and moreover, i was able to use the homebrew channel from within my wiiu menu like I used to.

Anyone care to explain the advantages of uninstalling CBHC in favour of Tiramisu? I need a push in helping me decide if i need this or not.
I will only tell you a few things, apart from the fact that Tiramisu is newer than CBHC and that with Tiramisu installed its risk of blocking is extremely low and that updates do not affect it and in short you will have fewer problems, if it does not convince you I do not know what to tell you, another The pro of Tiramisu is that you don't need any games, when I saw Tiramisu for the first time I decided that it was the best option so I don't know what you think

Ghost64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Hi community. I recklessly installed the 5.5.6 update today and have now lost autoboot and Homebrew. I still have all of my games and save data, though. The icon for homebrew is still there but it errors when opening saying to restart my wiiu.

Yes, yes. I should have disabled autoboot and subsequently taken the update but I didn't.

My wiiu has been modded with Haxchi for what seems like ages. Now I understand that the new mod is Tiramisu.

Would someone kindly tell me that I can safely do the tiramisu mod with whatever is leftover on my system from haxchi? Is there a link to a good starting point for lost souls like myself? I need a hug...
I am not able to launch NUSSpli normally because it says “unsupported environment” even tho I’m using Tiramisu and the latest firmware.

Ghost64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Good Morning.
😊

For my Aroma Wii U System this Version works perfectly:
https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/releases
NUSspli-1.101-Aroma.zip
Weird. Whenever I try to install something (NUSspli latest version), it’ll say “files may be corrupt.”

• Wow
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Weird. Whenever I try to install something (NUSspli latest version), it’ll say “files may be corrupt.”
Ah ok I see it,you maybe have bad Downloads or a bad HDD ?

I had some bad Download 3 Days ago when my Cable Router Modem died....
I tried it a moment ago and got this Message:

IMG_20220910_234046.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.