Gaming Too much Japanese DS games

ghettobob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are too many japanese games out, and a lot of them I want to try out. But, I just don't know japanese. Is there a (free) website that teaches you to understand japanese.

I mostly want to learn because all of these Japanese DS games like:

Jump Super Stars
Jump Ultimate
Bleach DS
Eyesheild 21
Mahou Sensei Negima
Black Cat
NANA
etc...

And other games that are not anime like LoZ:PH. So I can play the game before the english version comes out. With understanding it
tongue.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Japense has got to be the 2nd hardest language to learn. Im thinking about taking night classes to learn it but i dnt know if ive got the attention span for it. Also its one of the few languages not derived from latin.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, becuase your neurons pretty much get set in concrete. Better hope you got good karma so that you can be reborn as a Japanese local in your next life.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
www.japanesepod101.com offers free podcasts. Japanese aint that hard, and its far from the 2nd hardest language to learn. I had less trouble with japanese than with german.

Danieluz

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want a piece of advice, start watching some anime dude
tongue.gif
Honestly, watch anime that you like on a regular basis and if take some japanese classes if you can. You can go only to japanese classes, and you probably will learn japanese, but if you don't have some outside contact with the language, you will not understand the "cheap" language and japanese will still look as a foreign language to you. Honestly, my advice is Anime, japanese music and japanese classes. Try to combine them all three and give it time.
wink.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
japanese is not that hard to learn, i tried a few seconds of course XD
but im always so busy....
i hate learning languages but for some reason ive done; french(chose it in school), english(DUH! but not really since i didnt live in england till i was 14), dutch(because i lived in holland till i was 14), somali(thats my parents nationality), arabic(cuz im here now in egypt and i have to do islamic studies which apparently involve learning arabic), german(was forced to do extra courses so i could pass teh damn subject), latin/greek/whatever(if you wanted to do the absolute highest level of higher education in holland, our school required you to do a latin/greek class)

urgh.....
almost makes me not wana learn japanese

but ill probably go back to england within a year, take a gapyear and maybe learn it then

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have a bachelor degree, apply to be a JET teacher (teach English in Japan, and get paid well) and take Japanese lessons in Japan. Before going, it's smart to study up on hiragana/katakana and some basic grammar. Also, follow the "Pimsleur Japanese" audio course, which is great for beginners. This is by far the easiest way, but it does require you to spend a year on it, and put some effort into finding Japanese classes in Japan.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a bachelor degree, apply to be a JET teacher (teach English in Japan, and get paid well) and take Japanese lessons in Japan. Before going, it's smart to study up on hiragana/katakana and some basic grammar. Also, follow the "Pimsleur Japanese" audio course, which is great for beginners. This is by far the easiest way, but it does require you to spend a year on it, and put some effort into finding Japanese classes in Japan.
My brother is in JET, He's in Ibaraki right now.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My brother is in JET, He's in Ibaraki right now.

I did JET a loooong time ago (91-93). Awesome experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.