too many games?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by rest0re, Jan 19, 2007.

Jan 19, 2007

too many games? by rest0re at 6:34 PM (1,169 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. rest0re
    OP

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    what do you think, can you fit too many games for your r4ds. i think i always liked that you could put max 4 games to gba flashcart or one game to Super Pro Fighter Q or z64 .. eeh i hope you know what i mean. i got 12 games in my r4ds and i havent yet played much of them [​IMG] just playing new super mario bros... and this stuff costs less than all earlier backup devices. [​IMG]

2. Gamesphere

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    idk there will be alot of games in 07, sure 2 back up every1s flashcarts

3. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    Eh...I don't get what you're saying. Put as many games as you can fit on there, if a new one comes out, swap it with something you rarely play.

4. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    I think he’s using the crazy G6, too much storage space is a bad thing reasoning.
    He has 12 games on he’s card & is only playing 1. More space is nothing but a
    good thing.

1. If 5 New games come out at once & they all look interesting, you need space.
    2. If you share your DS with your Girlfriend or family member, you need the space.
    3. Mp3’s, you need the space.
    4. Movies, you need the space.
    5. Space is nothing but a good thing. You don’t have to use it but it’s nice to have when
    you need it. And with bigger games sure to be coming down the road you better get ready.

5. Kurai

Member Kurai GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    He is talking gaming wise, not mp3, and Movies.
    Ive got 16 games on my R4 and i only play 1 of them. Because when i get stuck say in FF3 and Castlevania, i crack the shits at the game and start playing Tetris >.>

6. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    New space can be detrimental to some. No one realistically completes every game that comes through. For me personally, If I have over a gig, I don't devote enough time to every game I have the way I should

7. kiruyama

Newcomer kiruyama Advanced Member

United States
    Why not put a txt guide of the game you're playing, then when you're stuck, use moonshell/DSO to read it? That's what I'ma do.

8. mflo

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My 1 GB A-DATA recently came in. I have 19 nds games, 2 of my favorite episodes of FLCL, and some Pictures on it.
    But what sucks is that I still don't have my NDS Lite yet. THey're sold out everywhere, Unless I want to get the ones that are like $169-$189.... Which I don't... So I gotta wait until places like newegg or some other game site gets them in (For $129) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Katalyst

United States
    I figure the only way more space could be detrimental to you is that if you have a number of games on your card, you can't devote all of your time to one specific game. I actually like the variety. I've got 22 on my card right now and enough space to put more if I wanted. Thing about it, I'm not gonna sit there and go through an RPG in one sitting. Therefore, I play a bit, then once I'm bored or tired of it for the time being, I can pick something else that's not as in depth (Tetris). At that point, it's moreso a personal thing. If you feel you can't focus on a single game and devote enough time to it when you've got a large selection, then it would make sense to single it out. [​IMG]

10. ydnar64

Newcomer ydnar64 Advanced Member

United States
    I have to agree with original poster about this. Best way o give an example is if you are hungry with no cravings for anything in mind and you walk into a food court. You will have a really hard time choosing where to eat. Same as for this. When you have 12 or so games you have a hard time choosing just one game to play and in the end hardly even play any of them. Best way to fix that if you suffer from "easily overwhelmed" disorder is to just choose one game you want to play and beat it is to load it up and do so then move on to the next one.

11. Katalyst

United States
    Nonetheless, this all goes back to a personal issue. In the example just used with the food court, if I had no cravings, I'd honestly just make a random choice, or go with the cheapest place. So in this case, I could randomly choose from the many games I've got on my card. If I've got a "craving," I'd pick that game. Of course, not everyone is like me and needs just that one game to play so they aren't tempted to go to another, hence it's a personal issue [​IMG]

12. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Personally, I like to keep most of the Wifi enabled games on my card at all times. That leaves me with less room for all other games.

13. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Me too man. Don't know why I do that lol [​IMG]

14. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Even on my G6, I keep Tetris, Mario, Mr Driller and Bomberman. They are fun quick games and Tetris and Bomberman kick the proverbial ass in multiplayer