Too many games promotion, which game should I get?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ilman, Jun 17, 2013.

?

Sooo...which game? Read the post before Choosing

Poll closed Jun 27, 2013.
  1. Donkey Kong 3D

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Castlevania

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Animal Crossing

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  4. Other (post it down)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. ilman
    OP

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    'Sup, I recently got 3 new 3DS games from England(cheaper and easier to import than buying them here), which are Monster Hunter Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Fire Emblem.
    Now I just can't decide which game to get from the promotion.
    Donkey Kong 3D : I've completed the Wii version and, even though it's a stellar game, I'd prefer not to get a game I've already played.
    Castlevenia 3: Haven't played any Castlevanias besides Super Castlevania and the original. This game didn't get very good reviews, so I'm not sure if it's the right choice.
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: I played the DS one and all I can say is that it's just too peaceful :lol: . I'm not into games that don't have almost any action at all(puzzle games being the obvious exception). I constantly get the fact that Animal Crossing is awesome, but I just can't see myself playing it at all.
    Lego City Undercover: Bad Reviews, poor draw distance and ,even if the story is good, I'd prefer not being seen playing a Lego game.
    Pokemon MD : Heard that it's bad, very bad, so I'll just ignore it.

Soo, yeah, I'm gonna open a poll and see which one wins out.

2. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    I went with Castlevania as that's the game i selected as my free game in the promotion.

3. EzekielRage

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    I bought Castlevania new in the Store. Didn't even know of the promotion until I got teh mail from Nintendo. I can reccomend that game especially to non Castlevania fans as you guys are not so eggheaded about what the Series should be :)

4. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Wow, I expected this thread to start roaming with Animal Crossing suggestions, but I was wrong. :lol:
    I'll keep this open for a bit more, but it seems that Castlevania isn't such a bad choice.

5. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Heh, i'm recommending New Leaf :P
    Nor i liked the series but this one's good for sure, but its meant to be played every day in short gaming sessions.(like every AC game :P)
    There are lots of fish and bugs to catch,some u can get at night some in the morning.
    Making clothes is fun + there is the QR machine so u can send them to other friends.
    Dug Fossils and donate them to the Museum, its hard to get all of them.(I like that)
    I would tell u more about the game but i got it yesterday. It seems u get later a Island where u can get sharks(?) and buy other stuff and some other features that i still don't know.
    There's lot to do in the game. Btw u don't need to hurry, u still got time till 30th June :P Check reviews of the game if you want, i didn't read them cause everyone said its awesome and i agree with that.(avg gameplay of 10 hours and i still haven't got my house so there's plenty things to do)

beta4attack likes this.
  6. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I'm on the fence with Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. I bought that as my third game for the promotion and although it manages to cram all the Wii levels, I didn't have as much fun as I did when I played the console version. There is a Pokemon MD demo on the 3DS. Yes, it is a meh game and it makes me wonder if Nintendo included that game in the promo just to boost sales.

Some people enjoy Animal Crossing. I know I loved the Gamecube version but for some strange reason, I skipped out on the DS and Wii version so going back to Animal Crossing New Leaf was quite nice. Unfortunately it does take a while to get into it.

My personal opinion? Buy Animal Crossing New Leaf, get the code and sell it online and put the money towards a different game.

7. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    The problem is that many places say that Animal Crossing is still pretty much the same - not actually a game, but some sort of a relaxation thing that sucks up all your time. :lol: And I'm not into that sort of thing very much (although I will have a whole summer vacation ahead of me, so I can spare the time xD).
    Also, reviews said that it has an emphasis on playing with friends, well, not a Sim City type of emphasis, but an existing one, nonetheless. And, since none of my friends have a 3DS or an even slight intention of buying Animal Crossing, I guess I can't use those features. Just a heads up.

8. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

It has online and i play the game alone cause i can't go online, no problem for me.
    I didn't like FE nor Castelvania so i bought that game for the promotion :P

9. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    That's a pretty good idea, but with two problems:
    1. Everyone who wants Animal Crossing would've already bought it.
    2. Getting games over here isn't very cheap, so I'll have to sell it for a pretty big price to get something out of it.(e-shop games cost 40 pounds and retail ones cost 30+10 pounds for shipping here).
    The only option is if I can trade it for another game, like Mario Kart, which I'd gladly take instead of any of the above.

10. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Good to know multiplayer isn't a big thing.
    Too bad you've missed out on Fire Emblem, though. I can assure you that it is just awesomeness incarnated in a turn-based strategy form. :lol:
    It's just a bit difficult though. It's like chess, I've always enjoyed it and I always lose :lol:(even though Fire Emblem is a lot more forgiving).

11. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Have you thought of selling it on ebay? Bear in mind that a lot of websites are selling Animal Crossing New Leaf for between £28-30 so the chances of getting the full retail price that the eshop is selling is pretty slim unless the game is sold out everywhere. Also, remember that PAL codes are for PAL 3DS.

12. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    I'd prefer to sell it on the temp, since I lose quite a percentage when selling on ebay. And, as I said, trading will be a better option. I'll still be listening to other suggestions in the meantime.

13. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Well, since Animal Crossing was the most voted, I decided to download it. And Castlevania didn't look too good from gameplay footage, so yeah... Thread can be closed now.