Hacking Too many games causing R4i Gold 3DS RTS to not load?

Timmothy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my R4i Gold 3DS RTS in the mail and to celebrate I put around 1300 NDS games on a 64GB MicroSD card. Yes I know complete overkill but I figured why the hell not. The R4i boots fine but once I select the Games folder the system seems to somewhat freeze. The folder wont open and the buttons on the screen do not work but the clock on the top screen still works and the home button works just fine.

Is the 3DS/R4i trying to read all those games at once? Whats the limit for the ammount of games you can reliably have on a R4i?

I'm using a 3DS XL with the latest firmware as well as Wood R4 V1.64.

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there would be a limit to how many games per folder i would guess just make sure u put them into sub folders by letter or something.

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure will probably be something like 256 or 512 just put them into lettered folders and u will have no problems.

Timmothy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure will probably be something like 256 or 512 just put them into lettered folders and u will have no problems.

I just went ahead and divided them up into 300 and that seemed to work. Although ideally I would like to sort them by letter instead of the scene number. Windows explorer makes this extremely difficult since ordering them by name lists them by scene number since the numbers are before the name of the games. I tried using NDSTokyoTrim3 to remove the scene numbers but since all the roms are already trimmed it just skips them.

Any ideas on how to go about removing the scene numbers from the file names?

Timmothy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump.

Any idea how I can mark games as favorites so they will show up in the favorites folder? Any idea how to turn off safe mode once it is enabled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end