Too Kyo Games is led by Danganronpa and Zero Escape creators, new projects underway

Too-Kyo-Games_09-11-18_Concept-Art_Top.jpg

There was a lot of teasing going on earlier this week, in regards to the new Japanese game studio that formed out of nowhere. Though it was thought that Yoko Taro or some veteran Square Enix staff would be involved, it actually turned out to be led by two major game creators; Kazutaka Kodaka and Kotaro Uchikoshi. The former of which created the Danganronpa series, and the latter is most known for having made the Zero Escape series. Other Danganronpa writers and staff are involved with the company, as well as writers from Ever17 and other visual novels.

The object of this company is to do something new, which is the creation of a new IP commonly known all over the world and in a future we will make indie games by ourselves.

Too Kyo Games is working on four projects right now, three of which are video games, and one of which is an anime. Uchikoshi and Kodaka will directly be working on one game, tenatively titled Limit X Despair, though they hardly explained what this was about. The anime is a collaboration with Studio Pierrot, and is based upon 90s "gritty western action movies", like Pulp Fiction and The Professional. Of course, the third game will sound more familiar to those who know these writer's past, because it's about children playing a "death game". Lastly, there will be a murder-mystery game with both Too Kyo and Spike Chunsoft co-developing a "cyberpunk fantasy mystery game".

There's no release dates or platforms given at this time, as all of the aforementioned projects are still early on in development. Despite the relative lack of information on most of these titles, it's easy to assume that Japanese game fans will be excited, due to the talent at the company.

:arrow: Official Site

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So Nonary games spiritual reboot, Danganronpa clone, and no idea what may be a cyberpunk fantasy mystery game...
You got me with that last one.

Sounds like fun.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
let me guess, the first 93% of the game make it seem like you're playing in an almost grounded in reality kind of world, but the last 7% reveal you've been in a fantasy world with magic or technology that might as well be magic all along and your character and all the characters you interacted with were aware, but simply just never mentioned it.

also, you were a reptiliod alien this time but never saw your face in any of the 472 available glas and water surfaces.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
let me guess, the first 93% of the game make it seem like you're playing in an almost grounded in reality kind of world, but the last 7% reveal you've been in a fantasy world with magic or technology that might as well be magic all along and your character and all the characters you interacted with were aware, but simply just never mentioned it.

also, you were a reptiliod alien this time but never saw your face in any of the 472 available glas and water surfaces.
Sounds accurate.

Reactions: keven3477

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Hey, you spoiled the twists for these games already! :-(

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Or the first 90% of the game make it seem you are in an isekai game but in the last 10% of the game reveal it just a theme park make by some filthy rich weaboo.

Reactions: Deleted User

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

I dreamed of this when seeing the mystery article for the last week on the temp, can't believe it's true. My 2 favorite series, coming together with writers Ever17 to top it all off o.o o.o o.o o.o
If only Hotel Dusk devs were involved as well lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: