Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just picked up this game yesterday and I've been playing the hell of it so far. I've already gotten to LVL. 16 with my Champion and I must say that this is one of the most Diablo-like games I've ever played for a console. However, I do have some major gripes that I'd like to share:

This may contain some spoilers so beware.

1. The camera sucks. I don't know how many times I've died now because of the crapiness of the camera system. The game allows you to center the camera behind you but it doesn't work during battle that well. Even out of combat, the camera sucks hard. I find myself getting lost a lot of the time because the camera swings around and makes me completely disoriented.

2. Combat, outside of the gunplay, is hard to get used to. Guns are used with the Left/Right triggers but all melee combat is controlled by the Right Analog stick. It's sad when I've found that the best way to use the Melee controls are by madly rotating the analog stick because nothing else seems to work as well.

3. Death means nothing. The only penalty for death in 'Too Human' is watching the same annoying cutscene over and over and over. And trust me, you will be seeing it alot. Basically, when you die, a female Valkrie floats down from the sky and picks you up off the ground and carries you into the light so to speak. You then just appear either exactly where you bit the dust or a little ways away from there. As far as I have been able to tell, there are no other penalties for death. You don't lose money, experience, or even gear. Also, any enemies you were beating on will have the exact same amount of health that they had before you died making them even easier to kill then before.

4. You will never ever be stronger then the enemies you fight, ever. It doesn't matter what level you are in this game as overpowering enemies is impossible. If you're LVL. 9, the enemies will either be at that level or a little bit above it. Also, the enemies in this game will constantly overwhelm you with constant attacks from afar, killing you before you can even get near them. Other enemies, when hit, will either explode or freeze you leaving you open to be beaten to death by whatever other enemies are kicking around. This leads to more visits by the flying bitch and constant frustration.

5. The AI is shit. I don't know of any other way of describing this other then shit. But it isn't the enemy AI that's affected of course. It's your allies who are the dumbest fucks outside of the NES-era. They hardly ever assist in any battle, in fact, the enemies run right by them to tear your face off while they stand in the same spot shooting at the wall. At one point during the second mission, I tapped my GF on the shoulder to show her that four of my buddies were just running into the wall while talking to each other about nothing. Laughing, I sauntered a little bit further into the level and noticed three more of my guys were also running aimlessly into a wall. It was at this point that I stopped and asked myself why this game was in development for so long considering all of the bugs and whatnot plaging it.

6. The story is lame from what I've seen of it so far. The voice actors are terrible as well.

As I play this game more, I'm sure I will like it but right now, I'm just not convinced that I haven't wasted my money. This is the first time that I will ever admit that IGN was spot-on with a review. EVER.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Waste of money huh? This is why it's good to try the demo BEFORE running out to buy it. I personally like it. Then again, I didn't pay anything for it
biggrin.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
754boy said:
Waste of money huh? This is why it's good to try the demo BEFORE running out to buy it. I personally like it. Then again, I didn't pay anything for it
biggrin.gif

I tried the demo but it only made me want to buy it as I didn't see enough of the bad things about the game before buying it.

754boy

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JKR Firefox said:
754boy said:
biggrin.gif

I tried the demo but it only made me want to buy it as I didn't see enough of the bad things about the game before buying it.

Lol demos are tricky like that sometimes. Give you a little of the good only to mask most of the bad
cry.gif

GN-001 Exia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Control scheme feels a bit retarded. I mean c'mon the right stick is used for melee attack? wtf! You can't freely rotate the camera so you can see what your attempting to attack. But you do get used to it about 1hr into the game.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll probably end up grabbing it soon, but some of the complaints that you listed are real worries...

Death should definitely cost you something. And you should be able to level higher than your enemies, otherwise what's the point of levelling up??

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. Totally agreed. Some places camera is fixed, some places they can be re-centered. This game has one of the worst re-centering I've ever seen in my life, seriously. Hard to explain, but it feels like I teleport whenever I hit LB.

2. I have level 18 Commando (I think? Whatever gun-wielding class is called), but I'm quite used to melee fighting now. When there are horde of enemies I just fire a couple grenades so I don't have much brawl experience, but right stick gives me good enough control when meleeing against a small number (like half dozen) of enemies. Having to push both sticks to the same direction is kinda annoying, I want to proc the shockwave thing but when enemies are up close it almost always procs a multi-hit combo.

3. Your equipment "State" decreases when you die. When state hits 0, you lose that gear. Besides that, watching the cut-scene is really painful. I assume losing state of gear could be penalizing enough later, like post-game red (Elite) gears.

4. I think eventually your better gears and skill points make the game easier, people seem to beat Hall of Heroes without dying on their second playthrough. Some even said "hardly got scratched."

5. The AI is shit. It's safe to include NES-era as well.

6. It gives you more reason to fight a boss compared to Ninja Gaiden, besides that pretty meh story.
(Just to bring you up to speed, the only reason you fight most bosses in Ninja Gaiden is because they happen to be standing in front of Ryu
tongue.gif
)

The voice acting isn't that bad IMO, but the script is horrible. During a cut-scene soldiers will complain how most of them are gonna die and stuff. During battles, they frequently shout "I love my job!" Dude, didn't you just bitch about not getting out of this alive a few seconds ago and now love your job?

This isn't as fun as Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. If Too Human had 4 player co-op, it'd be dozen times better than it is now.

I'll still probably get all of the achievements, or most of them anyway depending on what the hidden achievements are. This game is good enough until Tales of Vesperia comes out.

754boy

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JKR Firefox said:
4. You will never ever be stronger then the enemies you fight, ever. It doesn't matter what level you are in this game as overpowering enemies is impossible. If you're LVL. 9, the enemies will either be at that level or a little bit above it. Also, the enemies in this game will constantly overwhelm you with constant attacks from afar, killing you before you can even get near them. Other enemies, when hit, will either explode or freeze you leaving you open to be beaten to death by whatever other enemies are kicking around. This leads to more visits by the flying bitch and constant frustration.

I just hit level 32 with my Cyber Champion. I'd have to disagree to a point. Once you get to the higher levels then enemies are easier to kill. My guy slices and dices through hordes without much effort now. But at the lower levels that problem can be annoying. Seems like you are leveling up for nothing because the enemies are still hard to kill and whipping your ass.

Well this game is great if you put some time into it and stick with it for a while.
grog.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
3. Your equipment "State" decreases when you die. When state hits 0, you lose that gear. Besides that, watching the cut-scene is really painful. I assume losing state of gear could be penalizing enough later, like post-game red (Elite) gears.

Can't you just repair the items at the main city?

I was playing this morning and got a message telling me that, but I haven't gotten back to the city to check it out.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose so. But it takes bounties, and don't you lose your progress in that token section?
(Considering how many times you'd have to play the whole game, repeating a section doesn't seem like a big con. But your co-op mate may not be too happy about having to go back to town.)

754boy

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
I suppose so. But it takes bounties, and don't you lose your progress in that token section?
(Considering how many times you'd have to play the whole game, repeating a section doesn't seem like a big con. But your co-op mate may not be too happy about having to go back to town.)

You can always swap out to different armor until you get a chance to go back to Aesir and get it repaired. And its relatively cheap to get it repaired.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person