1. Instandhaltung

OP Instandhaltung I feel it. I feel the cosmos!

Germany
    Hey guys,

I know this topic is rather specific, but since a fix for THPS2 have been requested from time to time, I thought I'd let you know what I found out. There is a Japanese version of THPS2, called "SK8 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2". It was released one year after the other versions of the game, and seem to have a different save system which can be SRAM-patched.
    I Patched it with the Ultimate GBA VC Injector, and saving ingame works flawlessly!

The game is very playable without knowing Japanese, most of the text remained English, only the skater names and the contest rules were translated. The "Kid-Mode" is enabled by default, you can disable it by activating the "Pro-Mode" in the options menu.

Enjoy the game! :-)

8325_front.jpg

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I remember having this on my GBA, even though it was different to the proper Tony Hawks 2 I still really enjoyed it :)

3. enarky

enarky owls?

Afghanistan
    I remember playing THPS2 SRAM patched on my F2A cartridge on GBA back in the days without problem. Maybe just try another patcher?

4. Instandhaltung

OP Instandhaltung I feel it. I feel the cosmos!

Germany
    I can imagine that other methods of playing the game do work, but the 3ds has problems with this game when injected. Other people reported this issue as well, and none have found a solution so far. Although I must admit I never tried the US version of the game on 3ds ;)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Injection, Japanese, version