Tony Hawk sends out texts saying that Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 "are coming back"

s-l600.jpg

Likely confirming the months-long rumor of there being a remaster in the pipeline, Tony Hawk himself has begun sending out text messages through his mobile newsletter confirming that Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2 are coming back. This would be the first sign of life regarding the series following the critically panned Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5. Activision will possibly officially announce the remasters today with more information, but what we know for now is that both THPS 1 and 2 are getting re-released, featuring their original music, skaters, and maps, along with "new features".

:arrow: Source

UPDATE:

The game has now been formally announced, showing off the boxart. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 will release on September 4, 2020. It'll be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store. The remastered will cost $39.99, while a digital deluxe edition is priced at $49.99. Those who pre-order will get to access a bonus demo to be released in the coming weeks.

Vicarious Visions, the team behind the Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy will be behind this remake.

Dropping in on September 4, 2020, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 is set to bring back original levels, pro skaters, tricks, modes, and songs from the iconic soundtrack, as well as amp up the experience with new ways to play including online Multiplayer.

Same Tony, New Tricks

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 will feature the full original roster of pro skaters from the turn of the 21st century. That includes Steve Caballero, Geoff Rowley, Bucky Lasek, Elissa Steamer, Kareem Campbell, Andrew Reynolds, Bob Burnquist, Eric Koston, Rodney Mullen, Jamie Thomas, Rune Glifberg, Chad Muska… and of course, Tony Hawk.

These skaters all come with their own Special Moves—from Geoff Rowley’s Darkside Grind to Tony Hawk’s legendary 900—and have learned a few new tricks over the past two decades, including the Revert, Lip Tricks, and the Wall Plant, allowing you to pull off incredible combos like never before.

The remaster will also feature all the original levels from the first two games in the franchise, from the Warehouse to The Bullring, as well as many of the songs from the original games to amp you up while you go for that Sick Score. Those levels can be played solo with goals old and new, with a buddy for local co-op, or online with original multiplayer game modes.

All of this will be presented in stunning 4K resolution* with updated and enhanced graphics, running at a frame rate crisper than a perfect 50-50 grind: 60 frames per second.

Create-A-Skater and Create-A-Park Return, Revamped

Rather carve up your own park with a skater you created? Create-A-Skater and Create-A-Park are back with some dope features added in.

Create-A-Park will feature a robust editing suite, enabling an incredible level of customization to create the skate park of your wildest imaginations. These parks can be shared online with friends.

After you create a park, why not create yourself—or a friend… or one gnarly looking poser—in Create-A-Skater? With plenty of customization options, including some that feature iconic skating and street brands, you’ll be able to express a crazy amount of creativity just in your custom skater alone.

The Limited-Edition Birdhouse Deck

For the ultimate fan, a collector’s edition will be available for the suggested retail price of $99.99 in the United States, complete with the digital deluxe content and a limited-run Birdhouse deck.

The deck features the iconic Falcon 2 design, reissued exclusively for the collector’s edition. Although the deck is fully skateable, you may not want to hit too many gnarly grinds with it, as it also features a printed autograph from the birdman himself.

Pre-Order Information

• Digital Pre-Order Incentive – Those who digitally pre-order Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 will receive access to the Warehouse Demo ahead of the games’ official launch. Expect to catch some air in the Warehouse level during the Summer, with an exact date to be announced later.
  • Physical Pre-Order Bonus – Those who pre-order a physical copy of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 from select retailers will receive a limited edition gift with purchase, the Tony Hawk Mini Fingerboard, at launch. This gift with purchase is available exclusively at GameStop (in the United States), EB Games (in Canada), and select retailers in LATAM, Europe, and Australia, while supplies last.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...so will this be the remastering of the original games, or just a remake of the remake? :huh:

Either way: I'll pass. I've got very good memories of THPS2, but I've moved on since then. I haven't even properly played anything beyond 3, IIRC.

The game has now been formally announced, showing off the boxart.
...I take it that the boxart isn't the one showing in the OP (yet)? :unsure: It...sort of features the N64 logo. :P

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with bringing back classic titles, especially ones like these. The only caveat is that they don't stray from the formula that made THPS a series worth playing. The only remotely valid point would be THPS 5, but I'm also certain that's why those devs aren't being brought back this time around. My main point I guess would be that being so negative does nothing beneficial for anyone.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Okay...so will this be the remastering of the original games, or just a remake of the remake? :huh:
It's a proper remake of the original 1 and 2, not that trash HD thing on the 360/PS3/PC. Think the Spyro/Crash remakes, but Tony Hawk this time.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this LOOKS Amazing based on that trailer.

A: Not on Switch, and I lack PS4 (care not for XBox)

B: I will *never* support the Epic Lame Store.

Call me when it's on Steam or gets a Switch Port.

Reactions: Stealphie

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
While this LOOKS Amazing based on that trailer.

A: Not on Switch, and I lack PS4 (care not for XBox)

B: I will *never* support the Epic Lame Store.

Call me when it's on Steam or gets a Switch Port.
It's coming to Epic? Oh ffs.. Looks like I'll be acquiring this title elsewhere.

Last edited by Kioku,

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's coming to Epic? Oh ffs.. Looks like I'll be acquiring this title elsewhere.

The game has now been formally announced, showing off the boxart. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 will release on September 4, 2020. It'll be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic [L]ames Store. The remastered will cost $39.99, while a digital deluxe edition is priced at $49.99. Those who pre-order will get to access a bonus demo to be released in the coming weeks.

(Necessary Edit is Necessary)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:bow::bow::bow::bow: beetle psx

I tried to make my brother play the remastered ps3 game back in February. I was never so ashamed :cry::cry::cry: They really fucked up the mechanics on this one... I had to get the ps1 iso....f..k
I don't think they can pull it off but remastered is where all the money is right now on the video game market and movies

Last edited by Magsor,

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty hard if you want to play legitimately. It's not like these things are in the bargain bin.

Really?

I got THPS 1 & 2 for DC in a lot, with a lot of other heavy hitters for $100. Granted, it was a steal, the lot in general but...

price charting shows each yield for $10 loose, $20 CIB.

A dreamcast itself isn't expensive either...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What a terrible mindset to have.

thats fine but why do you think that. care to elaborate or nah

VTSTech

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.VTS-Tech.org
XP
Country
Canada
Remakes of this quality. Like THPS1+2 and FFVII Remake are worthwhile. These were great games back in the 90's when they came out. We have much better graphics, engines and hardware now. These games deserve to be remade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU