Tony Hawk Ride

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by VashTS, Aug 19, 2010.

Aug 19, 2010

Tony Hawk Ride by VashTS at 2:24 AM (718 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. VashTS
    OP

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Is there anyone that has this game and peripheral that can say its really that bad. Its going for under $30 bucks on amazon and ebay but I don't want to waste $30 (I could buy some DVDs with that).

From a real personal standpoint how bad is this game? Is it worth $30? I know it is not worth the initial $120 it came out for and I already know "teh game suxxors!!1!", I got a Wii fit board and am very disappointed with it (luckily I got that cheap as well).

2. smash_brew

Member smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

United States
    I paid 70 for it. the game was pretty bad. Played it twice and tossed it in the closet. Tony Hawk Shred is going to be coming out pretty soon and it also uses the board. just read about it in nintendo power. it's supposed to be much better. I'd wait and see if that one is any good before getting the board.

3. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    I personally love it. It's great arcadey fun from time to time, and it's a real test of skill with balance and the like. I paid $120 and I enjoy it; for $30, it's a steal, especially if Shred will be better.

4. DownSince86

Newcomer DownSince86 Advanced Member

United States
    I've played it and I wasn't really that impressed. Then again the whole reason I liked Tony Hawk games back in the day was because I had horrible balance and couldn't ride a skate board without landing on my ass, plus we didn't have pavement where I lived, we had grass.

My friends little boy has this game on both the Wii and Xbox and I've only seen him play it maybe four times. A bunch of us gave it a try when he got it for the Wii and we couldn't really do any tricks...hell just making the thing go in the direction you want it to is hard.

I'm sure if someone dedicated a lot of time to the game they could be pulling off stunts like I used to pull of in the original playstation version of Tony Hawk. You'd have to dedicate a lot of time to this game to get that good though...

All that said $30 is a steal for the controller so if you have the cash jump on it and hope the next game is better.