Hacking Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 works with Gamecube Launcher

Servdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the wiki page, this game should not work. Specifically it should freeze up shortly after loading the memory cards. This is exactly what happens when started normally, however, when i start with B (patched Mios I think), the game seems to load just fine. I haven't played beyond the first level, but I just wanted to let everyone know this game does seem to work when started with B.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Really?
OMFG, thanks a lot for mentioning this, now I finally have a reason to install the GC Backuplauncher on my Wii!
Wow, big thanks!

Are you using the latest version? And did you test the NTSC-U version?
Hopefully it works on my PAL Wii too
smile.gif

Servdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the NTSC-U version on a NTSC wii. I don't think it would make any difference, but I am on 3.2 with CIOScorp installed.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Servdogg said:
I am using the NTSC-U version on a NTSC wii. I don't think it would make any difference, but I am on 3.2 with CIOScorp installed. The version I am using I found on Google

Great site, but there are warez on it, so you can't actually mention it.
So you better edit your post and remove the link, thanks for mentioning it though, didn't know it !

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL @ Satangel

You realize that at the same time you told him not to mention the name, you quoted him and the site is in the quote? Might want to take your own advice!
tongue.gif

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so how do i start a game with b?
i've patched the mios (i think) since the backup launcher boots, but then what?
also is it normal that when i plug in my multiboot dvd in the wii and start the gamecube backuplauncher it says failed to read the dvd, but then a second later it boots just fine?

using gamecubebackuplauncher 0.2

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Really?
OMFG, thanks a lot for mentioning this, now I finally have a reason to install the GC Backuplauncher on my Wii!
Wow, big thanks!

Are you using the latest version? And did you test the NTSC-U version?
Hopefully it works on my PAL Wii too
smile.gif

ROFLMAO!!! lololololol

Honestly, this topic is pointless... and no one cares about the GC launcher now... Its all about USB/SD Launchers!!!

Servdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have installed the cMIOS I assume. When you start a game with the gamecube backup launcher through the sd menu, you will be given various options (A to autoboot, B for patched MIOS, L for Pal50, ect.) Just press B on the gamecube controller to start the game with the patched MIOS. When you start through a channel, the game chooses autoboot, and thus you are not able to start the game with B. (unless you hold B while the channel loads-I think this brings up the options)

And I don't know about multiboot discs. I always just burn one game on a dvd.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Honestly, this topic is pointless... and no one cares about the GC launcher now... Its all about USB/SD Launchers!!!

Its all about the usb/sd launcher when it comes to wii games perhaps! but its still good old GC launcher for GC games and beleive it or not lots of us still play GC games and there is a load of good games in the GC library...

paul

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Servdogg said:
you have installed the cMIOS I assume. When you start a game with the gamecube backup launcher through the sd menu, you will be given various options (A to autoboot, B for patched MIOS, L for Pal50, ect.) Just press B on the gamecube controller to start the game with the patched MIOS. When you start through a channel, the game chooses autoboot, and thus you are not able to start the game with B. (unless you hold B while the channel loads-I think this brings up the options)

And I don't know about multiboot discs. I always just burn one game on a dvd.

through sd menu?
what do you mean by that?

that i start the gc backuplauncher via the homebrew channel (the HBC uses my SD to boot the GCL up?)

and how do i install that cMIOS without an network connection?

Servdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zalda

yeah, I mean the homebrew channel, sorry, and yes the homebrew channel boots stuff through the sd card-

and yes the gc backuplauncher (use 0.2) will boot up via the homebrew channel.

you can do a wad install of the cMIOS as long as you have RVL-mios-v8.wad in the root of your sd card. It can't be posted here, but can easily be found on the internet. just run the cMIOS installer through the homebrew channel and choose custom MIOS(wad install). Some patches will be applied to the mios-v8.wad and then your gamecube launcher will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty thats great to hear you had fun at the water park