Mathematical!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Tony Hawk series always targeted as many consoles as it could. Today Activision stated that his next game will be a DS exclusive title http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=c...83&Itemid=2.

I never paid so much attention to Tony games series, played some GBA version and quitted it, so don't know how good this news may sound. But I got my attention because of the game history and the unprecedent Activision move, bringing a whole “new technology not yet seen on the DS”.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By “new technology not yet seen on the DS” they probly just mean a new skateboard trick.

Wow its like he moved the board with his actual polygon block hands! AMAZING!

I wouldn't hold my breath but would be nice to seem them actually do something new like that.

Tony Hawk games are all the same really but for a skateboard game they are pretty solid, so its the closest we can get to a Jet Grind Radio DS. Minus the graffiti painting.

Anyone else miss Skate Or Die?

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
windows requirements:
# Windows 95/98/Me
# DirectX 7.0 or higher (included)
# 32 MB RAM (hardware mode), 64MB RAM (software mode)
# 350 MB Hard Drive space plus 95 MB for the Windows swap file

PocketPC Requirements
# Software Version (*Supported Pocket PCs include Dell Axim X51V, Dell Axim X50, Dell Axim X30 above 600 MHz, HP iPAQ hx2410/2415, HP iPAQ hx2700/2750, HP iPAQ hx4700/4705)
# 28mb of free RAM
# 600 MHz or faster processor
# SD Card with 128mb free
# Windows Mobile 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0
# Hardware Version (*Supported Pocket PCs include Dell Axim x50v and Dell Axim x51v)
# Same as software version but your Pocket PC must also have a 2700G Multimedia Accelerator

Yes. I said pocketpc.
http://www.clickgamer.com/products/pid_566...c/large/ss1.gif

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the reason that they make a DS exclusive game is because they start to make a new control scheme for they're console version. it will most likely use the analog sticks (to compete with EA's Skate) and the DS doesn't have analog sticks.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
the reason that they make a DS exclusive game is because they start to make a new control scheme for they're console version. it will most likely use the analog sticks (to compete with EA's Skate) and the DS doesn't have analog sticks.

Skate's Dual analog control was HORRIBLE in my opinion. The game is boring as hell to me simply because Hawk's control scheme made it easier to play and more exciting.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope this isn't true, I like playing Tony Hawk with a regular controller and good graphics.

It'll probably be like some obscure DS version of "Downhill Jam" and we will get "Tony Hawk's Radical Sk8board Fun Centre" for the consoles.

Posts merged

754boy said:
hova1 said:

Skate's Dual analog control was HORRIBLE in my opinion. The game is boring as hell to me simply because Hawk's control scheme made it easier to play and more exciting.

I soooo agree with that. Skate. sucked big time

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EA's skate was terrible ... never understood how so many raved about it ...

Shaun Palmer's Wakeboarding Unleashed was excellent ... highly under-rated title, IMO ...

The next Tony Hawk game will be a disaster ... this I predict.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i wonder if its something similar to what guitar hero is doing.
Why don't they just make something for the balance board, then i'll be listening.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I hope they do do something a little different but then they did with the Downhill game and I can't say that was all that great.

They've also confirmed Call of Duty 5 for Wii & DS. I hope the DS version has more time spent on it.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
teonintyfive said:
windows requirements:
# Windows 95/98/Me

PocketPC Requirements
# Software Version (*Supported Pocket PCs include Dell Axim X51V, Dell Axim X50, Dell Axim X30 above 600 MHz, HP iPAQ hx2410/2415, HP iPAQ hx2700/2750, HP iPAQ hx4700/4705)
# 28mb of free RAM
# Hardware Version (*Supported Pocket PCs include Dell Axim x50v and Dell Axim x51v)
# Same as software version but your Pocket PC must also have a 2700G Multimedia Accelerator

Yes. I said pocketpc.

That's the PC version, not the PSX or N64 version.

This is the N64 version:
thpstwo16_640w.jpg

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They really have took it to far with how many tony hawk games there are...

stratton_865 said:
teonintyfive said:
windows requirements:
# Windows 95/98/Me

PocketPC Requirements
# 28mb of free RAM

Yes. I said pocketpc.

That's the PC version, not the PSX or N64 version.

This is the N64 version:
thpstwo16_640w.jpg

Why are you both on about other version? this is a topic about the Nintendo DS-only Tony hawk game.

Why did you post specs teonintyfive?

P

pasc

Hadrian said:
Well I hope they do do something a little different but then they did with the Downhill game and I can't say that was all that great.

They've also confirmed Call of Duty 5 for Wii & DS. I hope the DS version has more time spent on it.

plus online for TH and CoD ?

I also hope for a decent DS Parkeditor rather than some quicly thrown together crap.

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
The specs posted are very irrelevant, as they both destroy that of the DS's. We can assume it will be a mix between a dumbed-down N64 version and an improved GBA one.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir Spanky said:
The specs posted are very irrelevant, as they both destroy that of the DS's. We can assume it will be a mix between a dumbed-down N64 version and an improved GBA one.
Dumbed down? How will it be dumbed down? Not played American Sk8land or Proving Ground then? They could do everything the N64 games could plus the area were larger, sure I personally prefer TH2 & 3 games as they were more about skating than doing missions and that.

Just because the N64 specs were higher doesn't mean that the TH games actually used the specs to its fullest, hell it was just a higher res version of the PSX game.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably going to be like the same shit Namco did with Soul Calibur for Wii.
Well I guess It doesn't matter because new Tony Hawk games suck anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)