OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://ds.ign.com/articles/737/737608p1.html

Though the basics are still the same for both versions (pick a skater, pick a board, pick a stage, and go), the DS version adds a ton of classically-inspired control elements to the game, and actually manages to trump the Wii design in a few areas. Players have the ability to pull off any trick in the original Sk8land game, in addition to the over-the-top specials inspired from the Wii version. Since the control for DS can stay nearly identical to Sk8land, there's no learning curve, and we found ourselves tricking like mad in just a few minutes because of it. In addition, manuals are available to string combos together (something that was taken from the Wii version to keep it simple), and teaming that with another "combo string" ability ensures that any trick-aholics out there will definitely get their fill in Downhill Jam.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So games that appear on both Wii and DS will be pretty much the same. Only the Wii has better graphics? That pretty much sucks. :/

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, the same guys made the worst launch title for XB360.
The Wii and the DS gives completely diferent experiences,it´s kinda impossible to have the same game only with graphic differences.

yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh no, a multi platform game. Wii Downhill Jam looks good, but it's great news the DS version will be so much more capable with the very good sk8land gameplay, MANUALS, and HOPEFULLY sk8land graphics. (Sk8land graphics kick PSP Tony Hawk's ass)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm looking forward to Tony Hawk Downhill Jam on DS a hell of a lot more than on Wii.

It looks like it's going to have the most online features out of any DS game by far. The original sk8tland had some great online features like downloading and watching other people's replays (including your friends). Uploading your scores and seeing how you compare to the world or your friends, downloading new goals to play etc. This game adds more including voice chat during gameplay with friends.

Awesome stuff.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It seems to be a good year to be a Tony Hawk's fan.
Project 8 on most systems (I will be getting it for the x360) and Downhill Jam on the Wii and DS, which in theory should play differently and contain different features.
I will probably get both the Wii and DS versions.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully since nintendo didn't make this one it will be a fair online game for once without any super power ups, and just all out racing instead liie it should
wink.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The last good tony hawks game was tony hawks 4. Since the underground series tony hawks has lost the plot and the musics got worse. If I wanted to ride a BMX I would have bought Dave Miras BMX.

Jasafar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Folks, I can't wait until this is going to hit the scene - It's been out for the DS since Oct. 24th, so that would be great to see it soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans