Tony Hawk Downhill Jam: DS>Wii

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by yuyuyup, Oct 6, 2006.

Oct 6, 2006

Tony Hawk Downhill Jam: DS>Wii by yuyuyup at 6:20 PM (1,386 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. yuyuyup
    OP

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    http://ds.ign.com/articles/737/737608p1.html

Though the basics are still the same for both versions (pick a skater, pick a board, pick a stage, and go), the DS version adds a ton of classically-inspired control elements to the game, and actually manages to trump the Wii design in a few areas. Players have the ability to pull off any trick in the original Sk8land game, in addition to the over-the-top specials inspired from the Wii version. Since the control for DS can stay nearly identical to Sk8land, there's no learning curve, and we found ourselves tricking like mad in just a few minutes because of it. In addition, manuals are available to string combos together (something that was taken from the Wii version to keep it simple), and teaming that with another "combo string" ability ensures that any trick-aholics out there will definitely get their fill in Downhill Jam.

2. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    So games that appear on both Wii and DS will be pretty much the same. Only the Wii has better graphics? That pretty much sucks. :/

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Well, the same guys made the worst launch title for XB360.
    The Wii and the DS gives completely diferent experiences,it´s kinda impossible to have the same game only with graphic differences.

4. yuyuyup
    OP

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    oh no, a multi platform game. Wii Downhill Jam looks good, but it's great news the DS version will be so much more capable with the very good sk8land gameplay, MANUALS, and HOPEFULLY sk8land graphics. (Sk8land graphics kick PSP Tony Hawk's ass)

5. zedrac

Newcomer zedrac Advanced Member

Australia
    They're using the same graphics as Sk8land, I can't wait for this game.

6. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    I'm looking forward to Tony Hawk Downhill Jam on DS a hell of a lot more than on Wii.

It looks like it's going to have the most online features out of any DS game by far. The original sk8tland had some great online features like downloading and watching other people's replays (including your friends). Uploading your scores and seeing how you compare to the world or your friends, downloading new goals to play etc. This game adds more including voice chat during gameplay with friends.

Awesome stuff.

7. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    It seems to be a good year to be a Tony Hawk's fan.
    Project 8 on most systems (I will be getting it for the x360) and Downhill Jam on the Wii and DS, which in theory should play differently and contain different features.
    I will probably get both the Wii and DS versions.

8. Stormingsoul

Newcomer Stormingsoul Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Yea lot of tony hawk games lately..
    But still looking forward to this one!

9. Scorpin200

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Hopefully since nintendo didn't make this one it will be a fair online game for once without any super power ups, and just all out racing instead liie it should [​IMG] .

10. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The last good tony hawks game was tony hawks 4. Since the underground series tony hawks has lost the plot and the musics got worse. If I wanted to ride a BMX I would have bought Dave Miras BMX.

11. Jasafar

Newcomer Jasafar Member

United States
    Folks, I can't wait until this is going to hit the scene - It's been out for the DS since Oct. 24th, so that would be great to see it soon!

12. bikingcam

Member bikingcam GBAtemp Regular

Djibouti
    mee tooooo!!! i cant wait. i hope it will come out tommorow or sometime soon